Big One game

Shadowfax

We have a Big One crane that keeps giving us error 39, a going up problem detected. Control box says stuck switch, but switch seems fine, also it only errors in the center area of the field not the areas to the side. Any ideas on what is causing this and how to fix.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Shadowfax said:

So we now have a new problem, same game. The claw won't retract, motor will spin and drop the rope but won't pull it back up.

I have never worked on one of these big cranes but I work on the regular 31 inch Chinese cranes frequently so I'll give you my two cents. It sure sounds like the switch is bad. I know you said it looks OK but have you actually put the switch on a meter? If you have, and the switch is good, make sure the switch is being completely engaged when the claw reached the bottom of it's cycle (when it hits the first toy or the crane floor). That's what tells the board to close the claw and come back up. If that looks good I would do a continuity check from where the gantry wiring harness plugs into the game and the switch itself to make sure there isn't a broken wire in between. If that looks good you need to look at the the up/down motor that winds the string and takes the claw up and down. Make sure that the gear it turns is not stripped out and is making good contact with the motor's worm gear. If all that looks good you may have a bad motor and will need to swap it out with a good one to test. Occasionally a bad power supply or a short in the gantry wiring harness can cause the problems like this but not very often. I am assuming that the big crane operates on the same principles as a regular crane so hopefully that is the case.