Alternatives to lays chips.

Zachsea

At our local sams club were running out of lays brand chips and have only 3 kinds left (bbq smartfood and ruffles). For the time being to get by what brands and flavors are you guys using to get through until they come back in stock. Have spoken to our lays cell center too and they have no real eta on the missing flavors returning and see running out of even the lss size bags soon as a possibility. What a year 2021 has been. 

Same here, just got back from sam's and no small chips at all.  Have been ordering the sm regular lays form vistar for about a month.  Was able to order ruffles on the sams website but no sm doritos.  If I have to have a fallback I would look at Herr's or maybe even Wise.... provided vistar can get them!

• Thanks 1

We had PLENTY of LSS in stock for a while at my most-local sams, but we've had the 5-case limit (per flavor) for over a year now and coke was recently not stocked for almost a month at all 3 of the local clubs (due to a strike I guess).  Now, there seems to be plenty beverages but I can't get famous amos cookies (HUEG seller), almost any LSS chips, and a lot of other things are hit or miss from one week to the next.  It's insane but my main point is that all we can do is complain about it.  People just need to go back to work and we can resolve this.

Chris, do you ever use the Sams website to order?  As a business plus member the shipping is "free".  I hit them up when the local club is short of something and can usually get it in a few days.  It seems crazy to me that they would operate that way but it works, I have 2 cases of ruffles being shipped to me from SC to Florida right now because the local club is out of stock, and I am paying the same price as if I had picked them up locally.  Also getting all my cinnamon pop tarts that way since my local club dropped that variety...

3 hours ago, Southeast Treats said:

Chris, do you ever use the Sams website to order?  As a business plus member the shipping is "free".  I hit them up when the local club is short of something and can usually get it in a few days.  It seems crazy to me that they would operate that way but it works, I have 2 cases of ruffles being shipped to me from SC to Florida right now because the local club is out of stock, and I am paying the same price as if I had picked them up locally.  Also getting all my cinnamon pop tarts that way since my local club dropped that variety...

I also have been doing this. my club has been out of Oreos for about 2 months now but I have been able to order some online 

I have not... I'm always worried that the product will be left out with no one home.  Since I have no employees, I don't want things shipped to my building unless it's va distributor, so I get certain orders like d&s and VE shipped to my house, but I just haven't trusted the idea of having it shipped from Sam's

• Like 1

On 10/8/2021 at 8:45 PM, AngryChris said:

I have not... I'm always worried that the product will be left out with no one home.  Since I have no employees, I don't want things shipped to my building unless it's va distributor, so I get certain orders like d&s and VE shipped to my house, but I just haven't trusted the idea of having it shipped from Sam's

Sam's club shipping is just awesome. I don't think you will  have any complaints.

• Like 1