supplier order sizes

Chard

You buy that much in product each week and they ignore you? You can try Vistar unless that is one of your suppliers. For soda, try to sit it out until you need a truckload of soda, if you have room for 20 pallets of soda.

Honestly, I don't know if it's a matter of not paying attention to you but there just isn't enough product out there.  The name of the game right now seems to be... you want it?  Pay our price and we'll send what we can.  In other words, I think only the largest vendors have any leverage right now, and even that may not be as much as they used to have.

This all contributes to why there is so much consolidation in vending now.  There is consolidation in many industries due to this reason.  A local 90 year old grocery chain here just sold to a regional California chain because neither had the buying power alone to get the groceries they needed to sell.

All of the suppliers I work with are having issues with supply chain and labor, as well as self inflicted injuries such as prior staff cutting.  They will still work with me but I try to be a low profile customer.  I order online when that option is available and email or text when I have an issue instead of phone calls.  Deliveries run late or get skipped sometimes but I can still get most of what I need. 

50 minutes ago, Southeast Treats said:

All of the suppliers I work with are having issues with supply chain and labor, as well as self inflicted injuries such as prior staff cutting.  They will still work with me but I try to be a low profile customer.  I order online when that option is available and email or text when I have an issue instead of phone calls.  Deliveries run late or get skipped sometimes but I can still get most of what I need. 

We used order online all orders and I think that hurt now. They used to call me every week to take orders.