Question on Duck Cranes

RikaKazak

I just got in 2 new duck cranes and both are play until you win. They’re going in 2 movie theaters, and the ducks ran me 28 cents per duck including shipping. 

Question: what price should I set each play at?  I was thinking $1 per play, but I have to pay a commission of 33% and sometimes the machines accidentally vend two ducks (I played them maybe 100 times today and won 2 ducks 8%ish of the time). 

I also considered $2 per play but that seems a little high.

$1.50 just seems weird.  I have a dba on the machines, no credit cards.

What do you guys think?

8 minutes ago, RikaKazak said:

I just got in 2 new duck cranes and both are play until you win. They’re going in 2 movie theaters, and the ducks ran me 28 cents per duck including shipping. 

Question: what price should I set each play at?  I was thinking $1 per play, but I have to pay a commission of 33% and sometimes the machines accidentally vend two ducks (I played them maybe 100 times today and won 2 ducks 8%ish of the time). 

I also considered $2 per play but that seems a little high.

$1.50 just seems weird.  I have a dba on the machines, no credit cards.

What do you guys think?

I agree that $2.00 per play seems high but if you can get away with running them at that price anywhere, a theater (captive audience) may be the venue. You could consider starting at $2.00 per play and see how it goes. If the numbers are disappointing you can always drop it to a $1.00 and work on integrating some cheaper product into the duck mix to increase your margin. Personally, I would probably run it at $1.00 per play and as I said earlier I would work on getting some cheaper stuff into that mix.  Even with a straight duck mix, you are still turning a decent profit 90% of the time and you will probably get a heck of a lot more plays at the lower price point. Like you, I am not a fan of the $1.50 vend for various reasons. Either way you go....good luck!!!

• Like 1