VENDiscuss Glossary?

caserri

Hey members,

My wife was recently reading through the posts and offered a great suggestion. Tell me what you all think of this.

She noticed a lot of abbreviations in various posts and kept asking me what they meant. A few that she had trouble with were ROI, GB, JB, NAV, DI and NW. She said that since the site is meant as a learning tool for a lot of new vendors it might be a good idea to post a glossary type thread for those who might not be used to the terminology.

What do you guys think? Would this be beneficial? I would need everyones input on this to compile as many abbreviations as possible.

Steve

Great idea.  I know some of those abbreviations, but some just knock me away and I can't figure them out at all.  Tell your wife she's not the only one who can't get this crazy computer lingo down.  My son probably could write whole emails without ever using one true word.  Need the Rossita stone to figure out what he said.

Tee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree that it is a great tool but I can't find it.  Has this been completed yet?

I am posting what I have in the Welcome section where it will be viewed by new members. It is going to be a work in progress. I need everyones input so if you have something to add, don't add it via a reply, PM me with the details and I will add it. That way we can keep it alphabetized and on one post.

Here it is ==> http://www.vendiscuss.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=547&forum_id=2

Steve

Or maybe one of these?

• Iterative Maximum Overlap Approximation
  • Israel Ministry of Agriculture
  • Islamic Movement of America
  • Irish Multichannel Operators Association
  • International Molybdenum Association
  • International Mercury Owners Association
  • Internal Memorandum of Agreement
  • Institute of Municipal Assessors of Ontario
  • Information Management and Operational Analysis
  • Indigenous Media Organisations Award
  • Indian Motorcycle Owners Association
  • Independent McDonald's Operators Association
Steve

There may be variations to this but loosely translated I believe it means "Laughing My golpher Off!" :shock:

This has sometimes been expanded as ROTFLMAO! Which means "Rolling On The Floor, Laughing My golpher Off!" :D

Steve

• 2 months later...