1. 1. I am a

• Satisfied Customer
    • Neutral Customer
    • Un-Satisfied Customer

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Guys!

I just wanted to give a public thanks to Rob. A while back he sent me a total of 4 locations I actually was only owed 2 from him. I went to service one of them this weekend. I placed a DI on 8-18 and when I checked it yesterday it had $29.50 in it.  The great thing about this (and those of you in my area will know what I am talking about) is that I have been trying to get locations next to Concord Mills in the 20 or 30 restaurants there for about 8 mos. This location is a Mexican Grill tucked away in a storefront next to a group of these restaurants. It is also right up the street from Lowe's Motor Speedway, when there are races those restaurants get packed out so I am sure I will have some good collections out of that location. I have tried 4 different locators and I have tried myself to get any restaurant in that area. Well, Thanks Rob! I appreciate the effort. You really went above and beyond to help me out on this one. As I said Rob only owed me 2 locations and he gave me 4 (this location was one of the freebies.) I want to say thanks for being so responsive on the relocates also.

Keep up the great work Rob!

David

P.S.

I will keep you posted on the other locations as well.

I have been averaging 10 dollars per machine locating on my own. Ok, but not like the one placed by Rob!

I mentioned over 8 dollars for a week. I emptied yesterday for 35.25 for a month! I am jacked. I took the 35 dollars and threw in a few more to give back to Rob as another order!

Rob, check it out! I just placed a Dentyne Ice order with you.

You Rock!

That's the way to do it. Roll that profit into another location and get that machine on the street. It seems that getting to 10 machines is what I call that magic mark. After 10 on the street you seem to bring in enough for a new machine each month on average. I will place number 10 for me this week. Next I am going to try and make a deal for some more 1-800's from a local guy. If I get them Rob will have some more work to do for me also.

I really don't understand these great reviews?

I have had terrible customer service with Rob.

I hired him for 3 locations. It takes him over a week to find the location for me and before I even get the location. I have to inquire when I will be getting one.

All 3 locations are total duds making less than 2 bucks a month or even 0.00.

I have asked him to replace one and it has been 10 days that I have heard from him.

And then I will have to ask him to replace another one because her business is going out of business due to no business at all. Which in turn is no business for me.

I have had nothing but bad luck.

And then he made me also feel pressured to buy a DI machine for him to locate which I cannot afford. And he told me EVERYONE can afford it. I don't like this at all.

This is not good customer service to me.

Why is he taking care of all you and not me. My money is the same. Maybe I am supposed to email and call him everyday to make sure I am first in line.

I have dealt with another locator, a lil bit more expensive but on the ball. Location in 2 days not over a week.  ( I guess you get what you pay for)

Is my area to hard to locate in or what?:X

Yea great job!! Gives me a location 455 miles from my house... I can't express how pissed off i am ..that i skimped on the $8 bucks a month I was paying Sonya ...now thats a good locator. And worth 50 bucks... grrrrr i am so angry

Forget him..I am sorry but he makes me so angry. He gave me locations that were acquired 5 days ago... and yet it took me an email to him to say hey 10 days has gone by any locations? Very sloppy organization.

I would say that it may be harder in your area then some due to market saturation. One week is pretty fast service I have had locator take three weeks. I also had to send serveral emails to that one about when I would get it. Shoot it was almost two weeks before they started to work on it. Locators have a difficult job, plus they take all the no's so we don't have to hear it or go door to door ourselves. I have had a locator tell me it would take a few days and it took 11 days. Either way how long did it take you to secure a location if you have tried to locate one? To me it just sounds like bad luck. The economy is not good so I don't see how you can blame a location going out of business on him. I am sure that the location 445 miles away was a mistake and not ment for you but Rob will have to adress that issue. Maybe your location got crossed with another one, not a good business decision but mistakes do happen. As far as taking care of us and not you, that is your opinion and I doubt that he does that. If anything I think he may give all them members here more priority then others. After all we do send a lot of business his way so why would he want to mess up his revenue pool. Cool off just a little bit, count your blessings and let him know what the locations are that need to be replaced. Maybe get an ETA on the relocations if he can provide it to help you out mentally so you don't feel left out. This business can put a strain on us all from time to time and using a locator can drive you crazy if you let it sometimes. Not all locators fit everyones style either and maybe you are better suited to someone else in the end. Maybe you need an outlet to vent. Send me a PM and rant all you want and as nasty as you want if it helps you out. Just put a rant warning in the beginning so I know you are venting and I will try to offer some advise if I can.

No it's ok...I have been frustrated with his service since day 1..but i gave him the benefit of the doubt. It just doesn't work for me. And I don't feel like I should chase him down about whether or not I have locations. I should get them as soon as he gets them and I really feel that waiting that long is far to long. I am used to working with Sonya and her 2 day service.  I really should have stuck with her.  But I was impressed with everyone's reviews of Robert.  I know it must be hard to obtain locations and all.  I just don't think it's good customer service to make the customer feel frustrated and me trying to hunt him down. I just don't agree with it.

Rob really is a great guy. I have had great experiences using Kick Start, and would not trade his service for any other. Robert trys helping people, he is friendly, and will talk to you and try and make things right. He does all he can to make everyone happy. I give him 2 thumbs up.

He has found me about 7 locations over the past two months (and has replaced 1 due to poor performance). All have been great. I placed an order for two more, and they should be done by the end of this week. I would just like to thank Rob for a job well done!

Interesting..... Does anyone else here feel this way. I must say that I have also used Sonya and several other locators. I haven't been absolutely amazed by any of the locators I have used. However I have gotten some good locations along with some duds From 4 different locators on this forum all of which have positive reviews. Do the duds mean that they are bad locators? Not at all. All of the good locators offer some form of protection from duds to us (some are better than others.) This is a tough economy right now and a saturated market in some areas makes it more challenging to find good locations quickly sometimes. I have to say that it seems that all the good locators who have good reviews on this forum suddenly get "slammed" with work by us and that stretches them out.

I have gotten several locations from Kickstart and I have had to relocate some of them I have been very impressed with Rob realizing the importance of following up on relocates when necessary. I even have a great location that Rob gave me for free. I have always gotten good responses from Rob and he has always tried to fix any situation that has come up with me as well as other vendors on this and other forums. I will say that in my opinion Rob is a good locator. I can't speak for him as to why you have had hese issues but I can say that if you discuss things with him he will make an effort to make it right with you. He has always tried to work out any issues that have come up with me and also several other vendors. I guess that is my main point.

Did you discuss these details with him directly. If you talk to him directly it usually clears up any misunderstandings and if it is something that is Robs fault it is my experience that he will try to make it right.

I hope that you can work out the locations. Nobody likes a dud.

I have received great locations from Rob. I have waited anywhere from one day to almost a month for a location. I have always been able to get ahold of him,once even txt after midnight. Some locations he has gotten me do $10.00 a month,most do around $40.00,one does between $150.00-$200.00 a month consistantly.

I have used three different locators and done it myself. I can say that I have never got really stellar locations from any of them including me. Have they all got me decent locations, yes. My placements have done the same as those by a locator. Part of using a locator is the convience of not having to hit the street yourself. My regular job has gotten busier and I just don't have the time to do it right now. Plus with the prices of gas I might come out ahead by using one. Time wise they are faster them me with my schedule. I have not tried Sonya so I can't comment on two day service. Generally I think one to three weeks depending on how many you need placed is the standard wait time. I would say give him a call and see if you can work out where the problem is.

My post was NOT made about the locations he gave me. It was about the service I receive. And I only have placed 1 or 2 locations at a time. Never more that I have had him do.

I am commenting about my experience. Which is unlike any of your's obviously. And for some reason all of you seem to feel the need to defend him.

I don't know why?

Because when someone reads the reviews they NEED to know this stuff before they choose.

I stated that it takes a week or more to get the locations. You have to contact him to ask if there any for ya yet after a week or so ..and then you get " Oh yea got some for ya. "

And the locations are NOT given to you in a timely fashion. Now I thought you guys understood the quickness between the time the location owner says YES you can come put your machine here. After 5 days they already forgot you were coming and MIGHT change their mind.

Seems to me all of you have glossed over this point and only focusing on the fact that all the locations have made me virtually NO money.

That's not really the problem. YES it sucks. that I got some bad luck with the locations.

but

THATS NOT THE PROBLEM

I am currently waiting for my 3 locations from him. I received one that he got me last Thursday. That I just found out about on Monday. OK?

Now do you see my point?

I don't think it's fair that everyone negates my posts because I seem to be the only one who has a negative post.  I don't like writing negative posts and I thought about writing one a LONG time ago. But I bit my tongue and waited to see what the outcome may be. And now  I am done. There is nothing more I can do and felt the need to write about the experience I have had. SHeer frustration.

Thanks everyone,

And continue the good ole boy's club carry- on

I think my main point was about speaking with Rob directly to discuss the issues. My point was that reardless of issues that come up Rob has always tried to make things right. I don't negate your issues. My main point was that it has been the experience of many of us that Rob will sort out any issues that arise. If that hasn't been the case with your experience I can't explain /defend,etc. That is not my place or responsability. I was just wondering if you had spoken with him directly. I would do that with any business situation, but that is just me. That was really my main point. I would think if you dealt with him directly he would be willing to sort this out.

You can say whatever you wish to about any locator on this forum. You are just describing your experience. Nothing wrong with that.

As I said previously I hope you can get your locations sorted out.

Best of luck to you!

David.................  AKA "good-ole- boy!"

It's possible that you are in a very super saturated area. Tampa/St Pete is a very competitive area and I know a few vendors over there. Locating strategies and approaches that work in one area may not work in a highly saturated area. Sometimes a locator will not realize the saturation level until they start working and then have great difficulty getting locations. The girls will no longer want to make calls and will complain to the owner since they are not making any money. When this happens the locator should cut his losses, stop working that area and refund the money.

I don't know if this is the case with your situation. But I do know that locators who will no longer work the Orlando area due to the saturation level here. I appreciate their honesty and move on.

Members here are simply sharing their experiences. Some positive, some negative - that's Okay. Ten people can walk into a restaurant and nine may like the food and one does not. It's not a good or bad thing - just the way it is. I believe the members postings are sincere here with no hidden agendas.

Jax

I don't think that I am negating your post, I am trying to see your point. It may seem like we are defending him but we are just relating our expierence with him. I guess I am more patient with a locator and don't feel the need to constantly bother them with "when will I get my location" questions. I am fine with waiting 1-3 weeks for one, maybe if they are rushed then you will get a dud location is how I feel. Not that there is anything wrong with a call or email after 3 weeks to see what is up but we just don't know how many clients they are trying to locate for at any given time. I have not had a problem with finding out about a location days after it was obtained from any locator. I think any locator would find another location if it was refused when you went there. In the end it seems that maybe you are better suited to Sonya as your locator and I hope you can finally sort this out with Rob. As for the "And continue the good ole boy's club carry- on" comment I will now bite my tongue. Better times are ahead just keep moving forward.

UPDATE:

Well I just received a message from someone who is also dissatisfied. I wish they would post their experience. Instead of keeping it private.

I received 2 new replacement locations and went to them today

Quiznos was a huge shock to me. As he just obtained this location last friday i think?

Doors were locked and building for rent. Thank god I didn't go there on Monday or over the weekend.

KFC-  they let me place the machine. However it is a corporate owned store. So I am sure i'll get kicked out soon.

So now I am waiting for 2 new locations.

That's my update for the day.

• 2 weeks later...

This is my first time using KICKSTART.

I emailed on Thursday, 2 locations DI,  I delivered my machines on Sunday eve.

Very fast turnaround, Great communication.

This is a great company.  Rob Patterson will get much more business from me.

Archived