MidWest Distribution

T BIRD

Overall, I am a  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Overall, I am a

• Satisfied Customer
    • Neutral Customer
    • Un-Satisfied Customer

Forget Midwest, the once great Midwest is dead. They don't answer emails or phone calls. They gave me a location that reneged when I got there, and I have yet to hear from them on my replacement location. Lesson learned.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forget Midwest, the once great Midwest is dead. They don't answer emails or phone calls. They gave me a location that reneged when I got there, and I have yet to hear from them on my replacement location. Lesson learned.

I also second that funeral for Midwest.  A real shame since they were one of the best locating companies I have ever dealt with.  Once Marjorie left and sold the company, it was all down hill from there.  The mistake that Jackie (the new owner) made was to turn the company into a family business and only hire relatives.  She promptly fired the best locators (Jacklynn and Kimberly) and replaced them with her kids or relatives.  That would be like the owner of the Colts replacing Payton Manning with his own son - pretty stupid.  It looks like the relatives could not make the cut and she finally hired some new outside telemarketers.  Well one of them got me some bogus spots (no permission) as well.  Not a peep from Midwest since then.  I have to say I am extremely disappointed since I was a very good customer and never abused the replacement policy and was very patient on receiving the locations that often took months to recieve.

I do feel a bit sad for Jackie.  She purchased a business and now it is about to fail.

Well I guess this is yet ANOTHER locator that owes me some spots that I will never receive and have ALREADY PAID FOR.  AND THIS IS WHY 100% PREPAYMENT IS A VERY VERY VERY VERY BAD DEAL FOR THE VENDOR!!!  I WILL RARELY DO IT – ESPECIALLY WITH CHARITY LOCATORS.  I will make an exception for Kelly due to his high rankings on the board.  But really Mr. Locator, 100% pre-payment???  That’s not really a partnership now is it??  That’s called having the terms of the deal completely in your favor – not much of a partnership there.  IMHO, charity locating is on the decline and we are beginning to see the end of (over saturated and over played) charity vending – especially for the new vendors (just read some of the other postings).  This is why I continue to move towards a commission model.  Sorry, for the rant.  But this is getting my blood boiling again.  I am just sick of charity locators AND their inability to produce AND their 100% prepayment policy.  BTW, I am having an issue with another (less known) locator and will most likely post a negative review soon.  Hint, it's not Kelly and it's not Wilma either!!

Hey Jax, who the heck is Wilma?

I think the problem with charity vending is that, for many charity vendors, it's just another vehicle to get machines out and turn a profit.

There's nothing wrong with that, if you are doing it right.

But, a lot of those people doing the charity vending are terrible vendors or shysters....thus giving charity vending a bad name.

This is why I won't use NCCS or other popular charities with vending programs.

Their cause may be worthy, but their organization is usually either poorly run and/or there are too many crappy vendors giving that organization a bad reputation among businesses and consumers alike.

Back on track --

I've heard very similar stories about Midwest from 2 local vendors.

Their stories sounded a lot like T-bird's.

How is this company dying so slowly?

I would have thought they'd be shut down almost immediately after treating people this way for a short while.

Wilma is a telemarketer who floats around among various locating companies on contract.  She tends to not get permission or a solid "yes" at many locations, rather a poor lead instead.    Don't really mean to pick on her, but her name is branded into my brain. I go back to my childhood and the old Flintstone's cartoon.  When one of her (many) locations did not go in, I yelled at the top of my lungs (much my old Fred Flintstone did), WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLMA!  :angry:

Wilma is a telemarketer who floats around among various locating companies on contract.  She tends to not get permission or a solid "yes" at many locations, rather a poor lead instead.    Don't really mean to pick on her, but her name is branded into my brain. I go back to my childhood and the old Flintstone's cartoon.  When one of her (many) locations did not go in, I yelled at the top of my lungs (much my old Fred Flintstone did), WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLMA!

She don;t take money up front is the only good thing..She screwed be over...Going to places wasting my time and gas and getting there

And she had not call the place and they did not want a machine..

Or i get there and they say no one has call then i have to do the selling myself...Bad new..

She works for 25 a location anyone want her number?

I finally decided to ask for a refund on 18 locations that are owed to me from Midwest.  ( since January '09 )

Anyone care to guess if I have had a response from them?  I left a voice mail.

I have left emails and voice mails for a month and nothing!

Remember that 70's or 80's  song....

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no

I can't go for that.

No can do.

I remember that song Jax.  When I spoke with Jackie about a month ago, she sounded out of her mind and very nervous with me on the phone.  I should have known then she was losin' it.  I really can not believe she out and out lied to me about her locators working on me.  She was a doctor at one time wasn't she?  Her values need some work me thinks........ :angry:

I have left emails and voice mails for a month and nothing!

Remember that 70's or 80's  song....

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no

I can't go for that.

No can do.

Hall and Oats, I Can't Go For That.  Great song...

Easy, ready, willing, overtime,

Where does it stop, where do you dare me to draw the line.

You've got the body, now you want my soul,

Don't even think about it, say no go.

I-- I 'll do anything that you want me to do,

And I'll do almost anything, that you want me too, ooh,

But I can't go for that, (No can do)

No, I can't go for that, (No can do)

Oh, I can't go for that, (No can do)

I can't go for that, can't go for that, can't go for that.

I can't go for being twice as nice,

I can't go for just repeating the same old lines.

Use the body, now you want my soul,

Ooh, forget about it, now say no go.

I-- I'll do anything that you want me to do,

And I'll do almost anything that you want me to do,

I can't go for that, can't go for that, can't go for that.

(Saxophone instrumental)

Oh, I-- I'll do anything that you want me to do,

And I'll do almost anything that you want me to do,

I can't go for that, can't go for that, can't go for that, can't go for that.

I can't go for that, can't go for that (No can do)

I can't go, I can't go-- for that, (No can do)

Oh, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no can do,

Oh, Ican't go for that, yeah, (No can do)

No, no, no, no, no, no.....

(Repeat to fade out)

Archived