First Choice Locators

caserri

Overall, I am a  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Overall, I am a

• Satisfied Customer
    • Neutral Customer
    • Un-Satisfied Customer

Just a quick update as to my experience with First Choice. I Contracted for 4 locations. I located one in a coffee shop, one in a large sports bar, one was a NO GO becaue the contact was a waitress, not the owner, the owner said NO WAY, and the forth I'm going to tomorrow is a auto repair shop. Hope all goes well with that location. I emailed FC and let them know about the problem with the 3rd location and expect they will provide another.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update:

I got 2 more replacement locations. One was an Army/Navy Recruiting station. Problem there is that they don't want the machine in public view. There are about 15 recruiters working there, but they had me put the machine around a corner in a back hallway. :( I will see how this works. I'm already thinking that this will be a DUD location. I guess one month will tell. The other location was a hotel, I called the manager about placing the machine and he told me that he told the locater that he wanted to SEE the machine before he decided if he wanted it. He requested EMAIL pictures so I emailed him some machine options, but he has been out of the office for several days now. I hope to have either a machine placed tomorrow, or tell FC that I need another replacement location.

Update:

The other location was a hotel, I called the manager about placing the machine and he told me that he told the locater that he wanted to SEE the machine before he decided if he wanted it. He requested EMAIL pictures so I emailed him some machine options, but he has been out of the office for several days now. I hope to have either a machine placed tomorrow, or tell FC that I need another replacement location.

Do I understand correctly that First Choice didn't communicate to you that the hotel manager wanted to see a picture of the machine before a decision?

If so, that's a pretty serious ommission and First Choice should take steps to correct that in the future.

And why didn't / couldn't First Choice send the manager the picture anyway?

I've heard some great things about First Choice, but this seems like an avoidable misstep.

Steve

OK, last update on FC. The hotel was replaced by a bar. In all, to get 4 locations, FC had to provide me with 7. Three of the locations didn't work out. Also, some of the contact info was incorrect for the locations that were provided.

Positives about FC - You don't have to pay until the location is secured.

Negatives about FC - I got the feeling from the owners/managers that there had been a pretty "hard sell" on the phone. They seemed like they really didn't want the machines, but were guilted into allowing them.

One owner told me that the person who called to place the machine practically begged him to take the machine. He accepted a trivend, but said he told the locator that he didn't have much room. I got there and the place was about the size of a phonebooth! One chair in a cramped office for the customer and a desk that the owner sat at. Myself and the owner both decided that there was no room for ANY vending machine, let alone a trivend!

I'm going to try a few other locators and see if my experiences are any better.

I was just killin' time reading the threads and wanted to chime in here.

First a note: I hurt my back at work, and am down right now, so I am entertaining the idea of a locator. My wife actually places the machines anyway, so I'm shoppin' around.

On Jan. 27th Thrasher asked... "How much do they charge for triple vends?"

Also on Jan. 27th Gwen replied... "50 for 3 heads if you pay by paypal is 3.4% more..."

I don't mean to nit pick, and forgive me if I'm wrong, but it is my understanding they are not allowed to charge more if they accept PayPal.

PayPal's user agreement in section 4 RECEIVING MONEY stipulates...

... 4.7 No Surcharges. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method...

In addition to this it is also against the law in some states to impose a surcharge on certain types of payment. ie.. Credit Card payments is one type.

I'm not saying they're doing this and knowingly breaking the law, and/or violating the PayPal user agreement. I know most people don't realize this stuff and I'm just pointing it out. The only reason I know it is, I was probably one of the first people to sign up with PayPal way back when, so I've been through all the changes and additions. Plus, I sold on eBay from 1998 until just recently when we closed up shop, so we had to be familiar with all their policies to protect ourselves.

If they try to impose a 3.4% surcharge for paying with PayPal, I'd e-mail PayPal and have them notify Sonya at First Choice about it.

Dave

If they try to impose a 3.4% surcharge for paying with PayPal, I'd e-mail PayPal and have them notify Sonya at First Choice about it.

Lurker,

While I agree with you on the PayPal policy, (I, like you, go way back with PP) Sonya has always been very honest and forthcoming with everything she does. I'm am certain she is unaware of her infraction. I think the proper course of action would be to first notify her of the rule and give her the opportunity to correct it before notifying PayPal. You and I both know that PP is an "act first, investigate later" entity. I would hate to see her account get suspended for something she was unaware of. (Like what happened to me!)

Steve  

Good morning fellow vendors,

I just found this site out and have been reading all the posts. I just emailed Sonya about locating my bulk candy machines(15). I will let everyone know how things work out. I am new to this and look forward to learning as much as I can.  Good Vending!

• 1 month later...

Sonya placed my first machine. At first she got me a Tire Kingdom but then I got there and they said Corporate doesn't allow them. I contacted Sonya as soon as I got home and she found me another location within 24 hours  at a Good Year tire store. Totally awesome work.   I highly recommend them.  And will be working with them alot. I have no intentions of locating my own machines. I have enough stress! The only thing I would like to see is a reduced rate for a single head machine. Oh well! hehe

• 10 months later...

I would not recommend 1st choice. They give you the old razzle dazzle, bring this machine here, bring one there with the locations having no recolection of anyone calling them or agreeing to accepting the machine. I am attempting to get a refund will report back if I do.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

sorry steve,but i am was not happy with first choice.i spent more time moving machines out of a loc. to a replacement.i paid for the first group,and because the locations were so bad,and asked for replacements,i guess i was suppose to pay for them while waiting for new locations

the card they played was  i lost the chance to relocate because i did not pay within the time span.why would i i had really nothing to pay for.also for about 3 weeks first choice went missing no calls went thru,and no return calls sonya knows what i am talking about

bottom line i have 7 locations and paid for 8 and they said too bad  no no i would not recomend them at all to anyone.Up to this point i have kept this to myself,but the forum should know the good.bad and the ugly with respect to you and the forum  ron

• 1 year later...

I am trying to use First Choice Locators, but, so far, without success. I cannot even get the lady who answers the phone to send me a contact form. I must say, I'm not impressed. I've written her in email requesting the form, and I've left a voice message. And both of those contact attempts came after I spoke to her on the phone.

I am trying to use First Choice Locators, but, so far, without success. I cannot even get the lady who answers the phone to send me a contact form. I must say, I'm not impressed. I've written her in email requesting the form, and I've left a voice message. And both of those contact attempts came after I spoke to her on the phone.

What a shame.

Sorry to hear that.

I don't give any type of business much leeway when it comes to things like this.

I always dump them if I can't get good service before the sale.

If the business won't give me good service when I'm trying to give them my money, I can be sure they'll treat me even worse once they have it!

• 1 month later...

I used First Choice to place my first 3 doubles, from the recommendation of another member on here, I have to say I was impressed. They had all three locations for me the day after I signed the contract. All three seem to be good locations and I had no hassles.

sorry steve,but i am was not happy with first choice.i spent more time moving machines out of a loc. to a replacement.i paid for the first group,and because the locations were so bad,and asked for replacements,i guess i was suppose to pay for them while waiting for new locations

the card they played was i lost the chance to relocate because i did not pay within the time span.why would i i had really nothing to pay for.also for about 3 weeks first choice went missing no calls went thru,and no return calls sonya knows what i am talking about

bottom line i have 7 locations and paid for 8 and they said too bad no no i would not recomend them at all to anyone.Up to this point i have kept this to myself,but the forum should know the good.bad and the ugly with respect to you and the forum ron

I am having almost the same issue and excuse from them right now!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

First Choice got me three good locations very quickly. 2 break rooms (40-50) employees and a Grease Monkey. They've also been pretty quick at answering emails.

Archived