Ethical Locators

Donnyboy8

Overall, I am a  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Overall, I am a

• Satisfied Customer
    • Neutral Customer
    • Un-Satisfied Customer

I just wanted to post a couple of good things about Ethical. I recently decided to relocate a machine that I had placed with Ethical about a year ago. I sent Robert the 50% relocation fee and he got back to me with a good location and he sent an extra one over as well. He was very responsive to my emails and followed up on my communications quickly. I know that we have had some issues with locators in the past but I think that sometimes when locators get decent reviews on the forums they get "slammed" with business and have to scramble to keep up. I think the locators that follow up and come through on relocates are just as important as the locators that deliver great locations up front on a fairly consistant basis. I have run about 60% positive with all the locators I have used but when they follow through and deliiver on the other 40% and bring those up to better locations that is just as important to me. I have to say that Ethical has served me as well as and in some cases better than other locators. I just wanted to Say thanks to Ethical and give you guys my 2 cents worth.

David 

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You would think that when someone recommends a locator it's because that's someone you can trust. I hired Robert Frederiksen, CEO of Ethical Locators for a small job, placing 3 machines of an energy product with gyms and fitness centers.

I paid the price of being new to this industry and was attracted by the incentive of pre-paying for the service. Everything seemed right, I signed the contract, payed my bill, and that's when my problem started. Robert said he had to finish a couple of "projects" before he could start working on mine. For a couple of weeks all I got was a couple of replies from one of his staff saying he was out of the country and he would get back shortly.

I waited patiently, and one good day he sent an email to some of his customers (all of us copied on the same message), with a long explanation of how his business had gone sour, that he was in deep financial trouble, and how miserable he was. However, he gave us all hope that he would eventually get to do everybody's job. He wouldn't refund anyone, as he needed the money to stay alive, but he gave us reassurance that he would place the machines himself.

Again, I waited patiently, communicating with him frequently, offering my support and understanding. After 5 months he finally sent me to a location, only to find it wasn't qualified for the type of product I was carrying.

Eventually, after 6 months of waiting in vain I requested a refund. I figured out it wasn't much ($360), so he would be better off getting rid of a customer who is bugging him frequently (I can be a pain in the neck...) More promises, this time he agreed to refund my money, and he sent me a couple of emails asking for more time to finish other jobs.

He hasn't replied to my messages since early August, and of course I realize I may never hear back from him. I decided to reach out to the other customers who were also copied in that email, and some of them replied telling me he also ripped them off, with larger sums of pre-paid works.

At this point it isn't about the money, of course I'd like to have my money back, but honestly this amount is not such a big deal. The reason why I'm posting this is because I don't like people who are not accountable for their actions and who take advantage of others. I don't know if this guy Robert had everything planned from the beginning and he's a professional crook who made us all believe he got into difficulties with his business. Maybe this was legitimately what happened, in which case he should've known better what he was up to before taking everyone's money and then hiding.

To everybody out there in the vending community, beware. If it helps, the only information I have is his address in the state of Washington, his email address at hotmail and ethicallocators.com, and his phone numbers with area code 360 and 503. If anybody requires this info I can share it with you.

Robert, if you ever come across this message and you really want to honor your company's name "Ethical Locators", you should pay back to each and every one of us whom you ripped off. For me it's just $360, for you it's your business and your reputation.

You would think that when someone recommends a locator it's because that's someone you can trust. I hired Robert Frederiksen, CEO of Ethical Locators for a small job, placing 3 machines of an energy product with gyms and fitness centers.

I paid the price of being new to this industry and was attracted by the incentive of pre-paying for the service. Everything seemed right, I signed the contract, payed my bill, and that's when my problem started. Robert said he had to finish a couple of "projects" before he could start working on mine. For a couple of weeks all I got was a couple of replies from one of his staff saying he was out of the country and he would get back shortly.

I waited patiently, and one good day he sent an email to some of his customers (all of us copied on the same message), with a long explanation of how his business had gone sour, that he was in deep financial trouble, and how miserable he was. However, he gave us all hope that he would eventually get to do everybody's job. He wouldn't refund anyone, as he needed the money to stay alive, but he gave us reassurance that he would place the machines himself.

Again, I waited patiently, communicating with him frequently, offering my support and understanding. After 5 months he finally sent me to a location, only to find it wasn't qualified for the type of product I was carrying.

Eventually, after 6 months of waiting in vain I requested a refund. I figured out it wasn't much ($360), so he would be better off getting rid of a customer who is bugging him frequently (I can be a pain in the neck...) More promises, this time he agreed to refund my money, and he sent me a couple of emails asking for more time to finish other jobs.

He hasn't replied to my messages since early August, and of course I realize I may never hear back from him. I decided to reach out to the other customers who were also copied in that email, and some of them replied telling me he also ripped them off, with larger sums of pre-paid works.

At this point it isn't about the money, of course I'd like to have my money back, but honestly this amount is not such a big deal. The reason why I'm posting this is because I don't like people who are not accountable for their actions and who take advantage of others. I don't know if this guy Robert had everything planned from the beginning and he's a professional crook who made us all believe he got into difficulties with his business. Maybe this was legitimately what happened, in which case he should've known better what he was up to before taking everyone's money and then hiding.

To everybody out there in the vending community, beware. If it helps, the only information I have is his address in the state of Washington, his email address at hotmail and ethicallocators.com, and his phone numbers with area code 360 and 503. If anybody requires this info I can share it with you.

Robert, if you ever come across this message and you really want to honor your company's name "Ethical Locators", you should pay back to each and every one of us whom you ripped off. For me it's just $360, for you it's your business and your reputation.

Rafmin,

Thank you for your review of Ethical Locators. I have moved your review to the existing Ethical Locator review thread. Please cast your vote in the poll on this thread.

Looks like this guy picked a bad name for his company.

Ethical people do NOT make others pay for their mistakes.

Ethical people do NOT make others pay for their miscalculations.

Ethical people do NOT make others pay for their misfortunes.

Jax

• 2 months later...

Robert from Ethical locator is a totally lair. He took advantage for people who are honest and trustful, big time. My partner and I prepaid 1100$ on Feb. 2009 as a deposit, from Canada to let him get 30 locations for us. For almost 5 months, he was using all sorts of excuses to tell us how busy he is, how difficult for him to fly to Canada, how broke he is, etc. Eventually, the trip to Canada turned out to be the phone visit. We thought it is oK, as long as he found us locations  for a full 5 months waiting, he found us 4 locations, among which only 2 works. After that, he just simply disapeard, no phone accepted, no email response until today. Rafmin's post is nothing but truth. A guy like this is a shame for this whole business. If any one have a chance to see him or is dealing with him, you need to be careful. If you know what his phone number is, please send me a email, shiyul@hotmail.com, I will be very much appreciated. I want my money back. By the way, i have a contract with this guy, can we actually sue him on the court??

Alex

Robert from Ethical locator is a totally lair. He took advantage for people who are honest and trustful, big time. My partner and I prepaid 1100$ on Feb. 2009 as a deposit, from Canada to let him get 30 locations for us. For almost 5 months, he was using all sorts of excuses to tell us how busy he is, how difficult for him to fly to Canada, how broke he is, etc. Eventually, the trip to Canada turned out to be the phone visit. We thought it is oK, as long as he found us locations  for a full 5 months waiting, he found us 4 locations, among which only 2 works. After that, he just simply disapeard, no phone accepted, no email response until today. Rafmin's post is nothing but truth. A guy like this is a shame for this whole business. If any one have a chance to see him or is dealing with him, you need to be careful. If you know what his phone number is, please send me a email, shiyul@hotmail.com, I will be very much appreciated. I want my money back. By the way, i have a contract with this guy, can we actually sue him on the court??

Alex

you should have found this site before dealing with him....

Why would any one prepay for 30 location with out knowing who there dealing with...

Try kickstart if Rob takes your money you will get LOCATIONS

Archived