Affirmative Locating

baxsonvending

Overall, I am a  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Overall, I am a

• Satisfied Customer
    • Neutral Customer
    • Un-Satisfied Customer

I wanted to give a quick review of using this locator, as I felt he did a decent job.

His name is West,  dealing with him was a very smooth transition. I contacted him via email, and within a few hours he had contacted me back with instructions. He requires that you pay him first through paypal, the full amount, and then he will find you a location. I was a little skeptical at first, but it was relatively cheap so I gave it a shot.

Once he was paid, he had a two day turn-around in which my location was secured. It was a great location, he informs you through email where it is located along with the traffic numbers for the location.

He guarantees 30 days that you won't get kicked out, and he also offers a couple extra things as follows:

1. For every 10 machines placed he allows you a free rejection within 5 days of them sending it to you for any reason.

2. For every 10 machines placed he allows a you to request a new location for poorly performing locations.

Other then that, he responds very quick to email and your request, and he is very professional. I would recommend him if you wanted to place a few machines relatively quickly.

His website that has his prices:

http://www.affirmativelocating.com/

Happy Vending!

• 1 month later...

I thought about using him to locate on of my machines, now I know he can't come up with actual profits that you will earn, but in the opinion of the guys who have used affirmative locating, was the profits up to par with the rest of your machines, or were the sales better?

I thought about using him to locate on of my machines, now I know he can't come up with actual profits that you will earn, but in the opinion of the guys who have used affirmative locating, was the profits up to par with the rest of your machines, or were the sales better?

I've used West too.  Out of 7 locations he got for me, I still have 4 of them, 7 months later.  I'm about to pull one of those because it's one of my lowest producers.  I was about to pull another because it was a poor producer.  But they must have gotten a new employee or something because all of a sudden it started making $20+ a month. 

But I have to say that one of those four that he got me is also the best producing location I have.  It will take the next 3 best locations I have to equal the revenue from that one location.  The real kicker is that I've tried to put a machine in that location on my own before, and I always got shot down.  But West was able to get me that location where I had failed.

I have not taken advantage of his replacement policy because I feel that I should be able to find locations on my own.  And the ones I do find usually do better than what he has found for me.  I only used him because he was cheap, and easy to work with.  I also had a half-dozen machines sitting in my garage collecting dust, and I wanted to get them out in the field.

I got my location from Affirmative on Monday. I have been swamped at work so I haven't been able to get my machine there yet. I will have it on site by the weekend. Affirmative has been very responsive and once they received payment they got the location very quickly. It is an auto parts shop in a decent area. We'll see. Affirmative has been very quick to reply to my emails and very professional.

David

I got my location from Affirmative on Monday. I have been swamped at work so I haven't been able to get my machine there yet. I will have it on site by the weekend. Affirmative has been very responsive and once they received payment they got the location very quickly. It is an auto parts shop in a decent area. We'll see. Affirmative has been very quick to reply to my emails and very professional.

David

You had better get your machine in that location quick!  They will be the first to tell you that time is critical.  I got 7 locations from West several months ago.  I got them all at basically the same time.  As I do work, I can only place the machines in the evenings or on weekends.  It took me a few days to get them all placed.  By the time I got to the last one, they decided they didn't want another vending machine in their place.  I complained to West about it, wanting a replacement location.  He gave it too me but not without a lecture about placing them in a timely manner.

My point: get it there as soon as you can so that they won't have time to change their minds.

I agree with Darryl on this. The quicker the better. I too was bombarded with locations all at once and by the time I got around to placing the last few, the locations had no idea what I was talking about when I got there.

3 days max is as long as a "Yes" will last in my book.

Steve

Interesting situation I ran into with affirmative. They got me a location (I requested a location for a 1800 triple head) The location they got for me didn't have room in the store for a triple but had room on the counter for a single head counter top machine. They had the one that used to sit on the counter that hadn't been serviced for months sitting an a shelf behind the counter. The owner said it would be fine for me to put a counter top unit there. He said that the guy who used to come in to service the machine just disappeared. (It amazes me how people just abandon machines in this industry all the time.)

I contacted West about it and he offered me a regular priced single location and to relocate the 1800 for the 30.00 offer. I discussed some details with him and he decided to give me a refund and said if I could retain the counter top location I could keep it as a freebie.

He said he has had some complications with the Ebay offer and won't be running it anymore. I don't know if he is still going to be offering locating services but I will say that West has been very professional, responsive and has come across (to me at least) as a man of integrity.

David

;)  Affirmative Locating did an outstanding job finding a great place for my machine....A factory breakroom with 170 employees.  He placed a triple and 2 sides sold great, going through almost 5lbs of reeses, and 5 lbs of runts within a month.  The gumballs didn't sell all that well, but I believe it was because this location already had 2 gumball only machines on site....I will be pulling this and trying something different.

In any case, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this locator, it was well worth the money....In the first month, I already paid for the locating fee...You can't beat that,

David,

Can you elaborate on the "no more eBay ad"? I just checked his website out again and it says that he is no longer accepting jobs or payments.

That figures. We find a good one then we run him ragged! :D

Hopefully he just needs a moment to catch up and will once again offer his services.

Steve

Not sure what he is planning as far as offering locating services. He said he was going to stop running the Ebay offer. He said he has had too many complications with it and it hasn't been very profitable for him. I don't know what his plans are for any future locating services but it sounded as if he is done with it. He was trying to keep someone busy when they weren't locating for him I think.....

As I said. I am not sure what his future plans are but he said he is done with the Ebay offer.

David

I do hope he continues with it, everyone including me has been happy with the service.

HMMM, Maybe if he is interested we can persuade him to be our dedicated community locator that is discussed in the "Group Buys" thread. ;) We can provide him with plenty of business without the overhead.

Steve

• 1 month later...

Archived