ICT P70 Bill Acceptor - $1 Outputting $0.10 Credit

Rachel Von

We are having issues with the amount of credit being output when the machine accepts bills. It's reading the number of the bill properly, but scaling the amount down to 10%. (Coins read credit output fine in the coin mech.)

When we input a $1 bill, it only registers 10 cents as credit. A $5 bill registers as 50 cents. A $10 bill registers as $1.00. A $20 bill registers as $2.00.

We have a Gaines VM-750 AND P70. I believe we are struggling with the DIP Settings for this specific combo. Does this sound correct? Does anyone know what they should be? 

When following the ICT P70 manual recommended settings, this is our outcome.

For reference here are out settings:

Switch Set 1:

SW1 - OFF

SW2 - OFF

SW3 - OFF

SW4 - OFF

SW5 - OFF

SW6 - ON

SW7 - ON

SW8 - ON

SW9 - ON

SW10 - ON

Switch Set 2:

SW1 - ON

SW2 - OFF (P70 manual recommends ON for Pulse Protocol, but we found it would not function unless we turned this OFF to select ICT Protocol.)

SW3 - OFF

SW4 - OFF

I would really appreciate any input anyone has on this matter. Thank you so much! 

Edited by Rachel Von

2 hours ago, AZVendor said:

Gaines for the lose!

Haha so I've heard. But we fixed the problem! 😅 It was counterintuitive. We had to switch the DIP setting to DISABLE HARNESS and now the bill acceptor/coinmech work flawlessly.

We're now having an issue with vending products, but determined to get it to work. The motors all spin, but they don't do a full rotation and error out about 3/4 of the way through a rotation during a test or vend, and then you have to reset the starting position to get it to even turn again, before erroring out again.

I'm not sure if these motors are supposed to be 12v, but they are only testing around 9v, which if they are a timed rotation, and spinning at a lower power, maybe it's too slow for the timing to reach a full rotation?

And of course, there are no specs anywhere regarding the motor voltage. 

This is just a fun machine for friends at a warehouse, not a business. We are really hoping to get this working. It's been two days of going through everything and we've gotten a lot of problems solved. This is the one remaining issue. 😊

The motors should state on them what voltage they run at.  If you are only at 9v then you are 25% below 13v and 66% below 24v if that is what they are marked as. In either case you have a bad logic board or power transformer. Measure the out put of the transformer into the logic board to find out which is at fault. Remember that this will be a DC reading on your volt ohm meter.