cash accountability

SFIII

Hello, I am hitting a lot of dead ends with this question. We have a vending machine route with Cantaloupe "USA Tech" CC Readers on all of our machines that send me reports of the Cash, credit, & contact-less transactions.

My question is how do i figure out how much actual cash is in my validator stacker box?  I need to check cash/bills to see if my employee is stealing any money. I was told i can go into the computer of each machine and record the Non Reset-able Cash Count. i was also told to use a DEX Devise but it would not be worth it for me because I have less than 50 machines and get charged too money to use this service.

Also was told to mark the bills before my employee services the machines,

is there a unit that i can buy that would keep track of how much money is going into my bill stacker box?        

If you suspect theft then you can "salt" the bills with marked ones and see if they come back in the cash bag or precount the machine before the driver gets there noting the meter reading when it was counted. The second way is how I used to do it. If you dont get cash reports then your machines aren't new enough to do that. 

Doing what AZ said is the most reliable way.  The telemetry could be wrong, and coin mechs can fudge numbers from one collection to the next.  Putting a known amount in the machine right before the driver arrives sets up anear perfect idea of what should be collected.

You have to physically read the meters on the machines. It's something every driver should be required to record whether there is automated reporting or not. Automated is not an end all, be all solution.