Multiple Bill Acceptors / Validators on MDB

DPeavey

You can't.  Only one per.  The validator plugs into the controller and the coin mech plugs into the validator.  Most machines also require the coin mech to report sufficient change to accept any bills.

On 6/13/2022 at 5:19 PM, DPeavey said:

I'm searching for a way to have two bill validators on the same MDB VMC controller. I have physically plugged two in parallel but only one will work.

Why?  Do you need a bigger bill box instead?

Over the years one of my top service calls have been bill validator issues. Having dual bill acceptors would allow us to postpone repairing a down validator until a normal visit. With travel time and expenses along with lost sales opportunities I feel as though a second validator is worth the cost.

You're wasting your time. Nice idea but the execution won't come through. Just accept the service calls as they come. We all have/had them.  They are a cost of doing business.

They aren't cheap but you can just get a bill changer.  However, they can get jammed too.  All I can say is have good validators in there.  If they get jammed often, either the belts are worn, there is something wrong with the chassis, or your clients are simply putting lots of bad bills in your machine.

• 3 weeks later...