enegy drink vending

Has anyone had any success with energy drink vending. i am new to vending and realize it is important the stay diversified. I like the energy shots. What kind of machine with these wor with. I do not want to buy 5 machines for 6500 from maddog and get stuck with these machines and all of the product.

ttoner,

You need to do a search here in the forum on Mad Dog and you'll get alot of threads on these guys. I have no personal experience with vending Buzz Bites or any of these energy products but would be extremely careful. From all the ads trying to push these products it appears to be alot of money being made by the companies selling the business opps. My suggestion would be not not believe anything these companies tell you. If you just wait a bit all these machines and products will probably end up on craigslist for a fraction of what they sold for as a business opportunity.

nam

Energy drink vending is really tough.  Expensive machines, hard to locate, and a brand noone knows.  Sounds like a sure fired way to failure.  Energy chews at retail are the way to go.  Look for a distributor that gives retail rights and provides retail protected territory.

We got some dixie narco bottle drop machines in that vend all products which had us excited.  We've got energy drinks in there..Red Bull, Amp and Red Rain.  Sales have been poor on those skus.  We've got more dixie narcos coming and will likely include energy drinks but just a couple of facings.  I should have know but never thought of the demographic we are often serving with our machines.  We are typically in office buildings or warehouses.  I don't know the energy drink market but I'm thinking it's the youth crowd, not the office suit buying the product. 

We talked to Red Bull locally and they do provide 3rd party vending machines at no charge but I doubt we'd have a customer that could take a machine full of energy drinks.

I dd my research on the energy shots and the machines offred by American Vending Systems. They wanted 6500.00 for 5 machines and about 4000 shots. I requested a packet and spoke with them on the phone. I waited a coupe of days whileI researched more and read this forum. I returned a email to AVS letting them know that I was not interested and they seemed upset that they sentme a packet and hostile about starting in vending with usedequipment that could be set up with more thatn just one product in it. Thank you for the insight into this busienss.

I dd my research on the energy shots and the machines offred by American Vending Systems. They wanted 6500.00 for 5 machines and about 4000 shots. I requested a packet and spoke with them on the phone. I waited a coupe of days whileI researched more and read this forum. I returned a email to AVS letting them know that I was not interested and they seemed upset that they sentme a packet and hostile about starting in vending with usedequipment that could be set up with more thatn just one product in it. Thank you for the insight into this busienss.

A couple of years ago I started my research of this industry. For whatever reason, I filled out a form on Candy King Of America's website and got a call from them the next day. The caller was a little disheartened to hear that I ONLY had $10,000 to invest and the market here in "Richmond" was almost full.

What you heard from them was HUGE warning bells going off! Anytime a distributor gets upset with YOU, it's time to find a new distributor! When you find one that will kiss your you-know-what, stick with them!

Scott

P.S. Can anybody explain what this means, "Energy drink vending is really tough.  Expensive machines, hard to locate, and a brand noone knows.  Sounds like a sure fired way to failure.  Energy chews at retail are the way to go." I think more people have heard of Red Bull than have heard of Buzz Bites (or ANY other chew!) Not to mention that RARELY do you need to follow any company's preferred method of distribution to vend their product!

I was going to buy the mad dog shot machine.  I tried the product and it tasted ok.  I talked to quite a few different people at locations and vendors and decided that the pricepoint of the shots hurt the vending of them.  Customers buying them at the counter at 7-eleven is ok, but at $3.00 for a vend it doesn't work.  I tried vending 8 packs of LWE with a full line vendor and decided it would be better to do the 2-packs instead just because of pricepoint.  I have been asked several times about doing a 4-pack at $2.00 in large vending machines.  BTW if anyone has any questions, feel free to call me at 608-792-8204 and I will tell of my experience good and bad in the energy market.  I don't bash the competition.

Tony

• 1 month later...

Here in San Diego Vending, I never sell business opportunities.  I am always approached by people who have been burnt.  I do sell locations, but normally that is to a company.  Stay away from business opps.  Energy drink... find a supplier who buys pallets at a time.  If you can't do enery drinks, then stick to coke and pepsi.  It's cheaper.

The only location that we have found that justifies a Red Bull machine are hotels.  Sometimes they will allow you to install them along side the current vendors machines or near the exercise area.  I understand from a client in St. Louis that he does pretty well with them.  He has told me the best locations he has gotten are the hotels we were able to set him up with about a year ago.  If you can get free machines from your Red Bull supplier it might be worth putting some out in your area.