..:: Coinco 9300 Series Coins Stuck in Sorting Rails ::..

Good day everyone,

So here is the issue I'm facing, I have a coinco 9302-GX ( US / Canadian Coin) and once in a while I got a 2$ coin that get stuck in the first flapper to the sorting rail for 25c, 5c and 10c, sometimes even inside the sorting rail, I've been taking it appart, cleaning whatever I would find in there, then I would test it and everything seems to go well, but the problem happen again a few days later. Just wondering if anybody would have an idea what could be going on there. All help is appreciated, thanking you in advance.

TheVillagesIdiot 

It sounds like the coin is too large. How does it compare to a quarter? If they are the same then the coin mech may need to be retuned to maybe hold the gate open longer. I'm just guessing here.

I'm with AZ think on a tuning issue.  Those can start to allow the gate to open an close too quickly and catch the coin as it's passing through.

On 6/21/2022 at 3:00 PM, AZVendor said:

It sounds like the coin is too large. How does it compare to a quarter? If they are the same then the coin mech may need to be retuned to maybe hold the gate open longer. I'm just guessing here.

That could be an explanation, but would it happen randomly ?  Because I've been testing the acceptor with the coin (1$, 2$) that was stuck in the sorting tube rail and the coin went right to cashbox like it's suppose to. Next thing I'll be testing is putting the quarter first than the 1$ or 2$ and see from there.  That issue is getting me really confused as to what part of the process could go wrong randomly.

@AZVendor To answer your question the Canadian 1$ and 2$ are actually bigger than the quarter and are really not suppose to enter the coin tube. That would totally support your theory if I could replicate it by putting a 25c first and getting a jam by putting a 1$ or 2$ too quick. That's what I plan on testing next.

Thank you guys for the assistance, so curious to finally pinpoint the issue, and hopeffully save a few bucks on repair.

Edited by TheVillagesIdiot

Tuning is nothing more than showing the acceptor board what the coins look like along with when/how long to open and close the gates as the coin rolls along the coin rail.   All of that is stored in a small RAM chip in the acceptor.  When Coinco acceptors are out of tune or the driver that fires the gate solenoid starts to fail it can open and close the gate too quickly and not necessarily the same way every time.   

A sticky coin rail, missing debounce lip or sticky gates/solenoids can cause many of the same issues but I believe you already cleaned the unit.