Replacing the bill acceptor on my machine

GeekishgiftsTiff

Hello all! I am new to the world of vending machines. We purchased our first machine overseas and had it placed in the local mall back in May. The first month was great, but since then EVERY cash transaction causes the bill acceptor to jam. It’s always the same error “Stacker Error”. The money bunches up in the bottom of the box and always rips a bit when i clear the jam, no matter how gentle I try to be.

Yea it’s from overseas and you get what you pay for. Its an ICT x7 series bill acceptor and stacker box. I have heard great things in forums about MARS bill acceptors that hardly ever jam. I really want to switch out the box to one of those, but I have no idea where to start! I know there are different sizes and i dont even know which one would fit the current “hole” in the front of my machine.

Please help! I have included photos of the current acceptor and how it is installed.

thank you 

0601C62C-2F6A-4D72-BB97-A2C065730ED7.jpeg

1C024DA5-DA0B-402E-8C7B-06572FFF9101.jpeg

First of all, why did you buy a foreign machine?  Second, what kind of machine is it since it looks like it has an interior storage with an adjustable shelf?  If the validator runs on the MDB protocol then you should be able to substitute a Mars validator for it with the correct Mars harness.  That means that if you have a standard 6 pin MDB plug that the ICT harness connect to then yes, a Mars with work.