Bill acceptor needs repaired

Brabrown1998

Just got into the vending machine business and I bought a Rowe 4900s and the belts on the bill acceptor are bad and need replaced. Would it be easier to replace the belts or just update the whole system. And where would I go for either of these things? 

What model of bill acceptor does it have?  If it's the original CBA or UBA then it needs to be trashed and replaced. For that you need to get a conversion kit to got to a MEI validator.  That would consist of a MEI validator, mounting bracket and harness - all specific to the Rowe 4900.  This could be hard to obtain but check Capital Vending to see if they still sell the kits. If you already have upgraded then just get the validator rebuilt.

That is the oldest Rowe 4900 machine made - late 80's.  You probably have the dual keypad which is alphanumeric as well.  Is that correct?  Some of the first numberic-only versions still had the OBA though.

Edited by AZVendor

By the way, you really need to scrap that machine.  I'm surprised it has even been on location considering it's almost 40 years old.  The validator is a downstacker which will require you to cut a new hole in the front of the door to mount a modern validator with an upstacker.  It's just not worth putting any money into it.

• Like 1

Yep.  I got rid of my last rowes maybe 4 years ago. I had only acquired about 3 but I either had to part one out to keep the others going or invest a lot of money to make it work like a newer machine and I decided to invest that money into better/newer equipment.