New member, newbie all around.

MooreVending

Hello all, name is Alan, owner of Moore Vending LLC in MS. Just started this venture, fresh as they can be. Just purchased six Seaga Combos machines (yeah I know, but was part of the deal for the locations) and two locations from a closing vending machine business Hoping to grow and share my experiences as I go. 

What are your goto machines? Looking into purchasing combo machines for the two locations I already have. 

9E687919-69DA-44D6-B72B-D1335954AF64.jpeg

Welcome to vending!   

Combo machines have their place.  Generally, those are for small accounts as the capacity for drinks and snacks is limited.  Since drinks are generally the primary product sold, as you start to find larger accounts, you'll likely want to start looking into separate drink and snack machines.  The idea would be that the machine can run for a week or 2 between reload visits.  You don't want your machines going empty but you also don't want a bunch of waste.  I think you'll find yourself reloading the drink portion of the combo machines more often than the upper snack portion. 

• Like 1

In my opinion, as well as the opinion of many other vendors, combo machines are NOT for small accounts unless it is a satellite location for a much larger location that demands a combo at the satellite location. Combos are generally only used when space is limited!!  The reason I (and many other vendors) don't buy combos for small accounts is two-fold.  First, if a location doesn't do enough sales to justify two full size machines or more, we don't want the location!  Second, we want to maximize our profits by collecting as much as possible during each visit.  A small combo with 100 snack capacity and 100 drink capacity won't generate nearly as much as a snack machine with 400 snacks next to a drink machine with 300-650 drinks in it.  Sure, it might 2-3x as much time to stock the machines, but the combo machine needs to be serviced 2-3x more often, and we save on drive time and fuel by not going to locations as often.  On top of that, full size machines typically generate more revenue simply because there is way more variety.

I just wanted to throw that out there.  Don't buy combos for small locations!  But full size machines for good locations!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/5/2022 at 8:28 AM, Vendo Mike said:

Welcome to vending!   

Combo machines have their place.  Generally, those are for small accounts as the capacity for drinks and snacks is limited.  Since drinks are generally the primary product sold, as you start to find larger accounts, you'll likely want to start looking into separate drink and snack machines.  The idea would be that the machine can run for a week or 2 between reload visits.  You don't want your machines going empty but you also don't want a bunch of waste.  I think you'll find yourself reloading the drink portion of the combo machines more often than the upper snack portion. 

Thanks for the advice. I'm finding that out at one location already.

On 8/5/2022 at 1:48 PM, AZVendor said:

Go-to machines are definitely NOT Seaga.  Those are run-away-from machines.  Soda would be late model Vendo or E-model Dixie Narco.  Snacks would be AP 7600, 113 and some like Nationals that are 157 and up.  Combos would be AMS.  

Try to justify putting just a soda machine in small locations.  A good vendor isn't everything to everyone.  Most small accounts don't warrant snacks of any kind.  If you insist on soda and snacks everywhere you will lose money on the snacks. 

Yeah, wasn't my choice on machines. Location came with them. Was less red tape to buy the machines at the locations. Looking at replacing them ASAP. But so far they have worked for the price.

On 8/5/2022 at 8:32 PM, AngryChris said:

In my opinion, as well as the opinion of many other vendors, combo machines are NOT for small accounts unless it is a satellite location for a much larger location that demands a combo at the satellite location. Combos are generally only used when space is limited!!  The reason I (and many other vendors) don't buy combos for small accounts is two-fold.  First, if a location doesn't do enough sales to justify two full size machines or more, we don't want the location!  Second, we want to maximize our profits by collecting as much as possible during each visit.  A small combo with 100 snack capacity and 100 drink capacity won't generate nearly as much as a snack machine with 400 snacks next to a drink machine with 300-650 drinks in it.  Sure, it might 2-3x as much time to stock the machines, but the combo machine needs to be serviced 2-3x more often, and we save on drive time and fuel by not going to locations as often.  On top of that, full size machines typically generate more revenue simply because there is way more variety.

I just wanted to throw that out there.  Don't buy combos for small locations!  But full size machines for good locations!!

@AngryChris that is some good information. I am seeing that now as I learn more. My next location are defiantly getting separate machines.