Once you have a location

spdydre

what information do you need to take to the business?  Will I need a charity ID or badge?  I found a location but I am still waiting on my charity stickers and ID to come in.  Should I wait for this to come in or just go ahead and place at the location then put the stickers on once I get them?  I dont want to make the wrong decision and maybe loose the location due to either!

How long until the stickers arrive? I ordered mine before getting locations for the machines so I could bring them in right away. If the stickers will be there in 1-2 days, then you can wait for them. If it will be longer, you'll want someone with more experience on that issue.

It's a tough situation.

If it is not going to be a long time before you see those stickers I would just print the charitys logo off the internet and place it inside of the machine.  When the stickers arrive go back to the location and switch it out. 

I am not sure how long I faxed my info last week and they are shipping usps.  This will be my first machine placed thats why I am unsure.  I will wait a day or two and if they dont show up just print the logo and place inside until they come.

spdydre,

I read some thing once written by someone a lot smarter than me.  He said 90% of the things we worry about will never happen anyway so stop worrying about them.

The owner would probably understand if you simply told him you were temporarily out of your charity stickers but will have them in this week.  Or if you just printed a charity logo off their website and put it in there until the other ones come in the owner probably wouldn't even know the difference.  He doesn't know if it's supposed to have a sticker or what the sticker looks like anyway.

nam

Spdydre:

I have always taken a couple business cards, a flyer of the machine I want to locate, information on the charity organization (name of local director, phone #'s, purpose of the cause, etc) because the location owner may ask. I also have a machine with me!

With regard to the labels... don't sweat the little things. Most owners will understand AND appreciate if you're up front with them. Let them know you're currently out and have several being shipped. I never had a problem of placing a small, neatly printed logo/label from the computer inside the machines. My advice would be to not over tape and have a clean look when secured in the machine.

Hope this helps and congratulations on that 1st location.

Rich  ;)