Sold out lights on. Not the switches.

Mike4

Need some help please. Got a drink machine with three sold out lights on. Checked the paddles and swapped the  switches to try to pinpoint the problem. The lights stayed on when I swapped. Where do I go from here. I do here the motors kicking off and on periodically and will hum for a while then stop. Think this is a vendo. The plate is trash. 

Vendo's can show "sold out" on jammed columns ( or perceived by the board to be jammed).  You mentioned the switches but I assume you replaced Sold Out switches under the paddles.  You should check the Vend Complete switches on the motor assembly.  These issues normally have a JC-# error showing Jammed Column

On 9/23/2022 at 9:29 AM, AZVendor said:

Post a photo of the inside of the machine with the motor cover off.

Here’s the front of the machine. I was able to clear the sold out lights. It was a column jam. What could I be doing wrong it would cause 3 columns to jam up? 

DF745D2D-7F60-493F-93EB-1286FE9E60D9.jpeg

Looks like a vendo.  I can't explain the science behind it, but you could have one or more bad switches causing you grief.  I think that's a vendo but I can't recognize it well.  I'd say vendo or cavalier as my best guess.

This is the kind of machine that you really should consider replacing.  You will likely have a very hard time getting parts for this if you need them.

• Like 1

Assuming the columns were loaded correctly, you probably have worn out gate links on those three columns that would then jam the rotor.  If, when you removed the motor screws and began to pull the motor off, you heard a loud bang and then the rotor was free to turn then that would be the cause.  If three of them jammed then I would do them all.  The gate links are behind the motor and held in place with a spring.  They run on the eccentric on the front of the rotor and the gate link opens and closes the product gate above the rotor.

• Thanks 1