Servicing & Gas

jimbo

I dont know if this will be helpfull to anyone but Ive made a change in my route.

Everyone wants to run as efficient as possible and with  gas in California running at $3 + per gallon, Ive just gone from servicing 10 machines a day x5 days to a 3 day week servicing 15 per day. This should save me around $280 a month, not much but I figure its 4 more  machines.

Are any of you guys doing this type of thing?

Jimbo

Jimbo:

Gas is pretty sky high in Michigan too. We have modified our expansion of new locations to include gas considerations. We are putting more weight into cluster locations for all our vending services.

Regards,

Philo

I dont know if this will be helpfull to anyone but Ive made a change in my route.

Everyone wants to run as efficient as possible and with  gas in California running at $3 + per gallon, Ive just gone from servicing 10 machines a day x5 days to a 3 day week servicing 15 per day. This should save me around $280 a month, not much but I figure its 4 more  machines.

Are any of you guys doing this type of thing?

Jimbo

How long is your service cycle?  I am averaging about 2 days a month, but I only have 30 machines.  I service about every 3 weeks, and that means about a 6 week service cycle for most of my locations.  If you went to a 8 or 10 week cycle, that would give you even more savings.

My cycle is 32 days right now mostly because I am running product like mmp that I just cant push back. I have some locations that are weekly and some at 2 weeks. I am trying to streamline though and all my new set-ups are trying to be done so that eventually I can get to at least a 6 week cycle.

Jimbo