Crane 472D Delivery Bin Problem

David801

I have a Crane 472D Merchant Media Combo (refrigerated snack) machine where the flaps on the top of the delivery bin inside the machine don't open all the way. When a thick product like a bag of chips is purchased sometimes it doesn't fall through the flaps into the bin. Also, when you open the bin to retrieve the product the mechanism feels rough and the bin door doesn't close all the way. I called Crane and they recommend installing a ADA delivery bin kit, with blue gears. I installed the new blue gears and cam as the instructions indicated. The flaps now open all the way but the door won't close on its own and it still feels rough when you open and close the bin door. There were 2 parts in ADA gear kit that the instructions didn't mention about where they go or how to replace them. They are about 6 inches long and about 1 inch wide and have gear teeth on one side. I suspect this part on my delivery bin is broken or the teeth are stripped but getting to them looks very difficult, Has anyone seen this? The Crane parts diagram doesn't show this part as a replaceable item. It looks like it is attached to either side of the delivery bucket in the parts diagram. Thank you in advance.

Crane delivery bin parts.JPG

I just wanted to follow up with the resolution to this issue. I replaced all the gears and cams with the blue ones from Crane. That resolved the issue with the top flaps not opening all the way but the door on the bin was still rough and would not close on its own. With the front panel off the delivery bin I lubricated the guides for the door and that fix that problem. 

• 1 year later...