Tab gum replacement

vipergts

26 minutes ago, vipergts said:

Tired of spending $80 shipped on a box of tab gum.  What are my other options?  I have a 3 head unit selling pmm, skittles, and tab gum.  Preferably an item I can buy in store somewhere.  Thanks!

If you are just running one triple I would look at places like Walmart, Sam's Club, Dollar General etc...  for vendible candies on close out or on sale because buying 25 pound bulk boxes of any one product will probably take a long time to sell through. The bad part is that in all likelihood you won't be much of a profit when you are buying at retail. I would suggest you to find a gumball wheel setup for your machine or buy little gumballs (1/2 inch or less) that can be vended through a candy wheel. Gumballs, even at retail, are cheaper than anything else you can vend. You can run regular M&Ms or Reece's Pieces but, like the Peanut M&Ms, you just don't make much profit on them. Make sure that whatever product you buy can handle the temperature range of the location. I have seen operators use fragile products like chocolate covered raisins or Sixlets candy only to find a gooey, melted mess when they came back to service the machine.  

16 hours ago, gumball guy said:

If you are just running one triple I would look at places like Walmart, Sam's Club, Dollar General etc...  for vendible candies on close out or on sale because buying 25 pound bulk boxes of any one product will probably take a long time to sell through. The bad part is that in all likelihood you won't be much of a profit when you are buying at retail. I would suggest you to find a gumball wheel setup for your machine or buy little gumballs (1/2 inch or less) that can be vended through a candy wheel. Gumballs, even at retail, are cheaper than anything else you can vend. You can run regular M&Ms or Reece's Pieces but, like the Peanut M&Ms, you just don't make much profit on them. Make sure that whatever product you buy can handle the temperature range of the location. I have seen operators use fragile products like chocolate covered raisins or Sixlets candy only to find a gooey, melted mess when they came back to service the machine.  

Hi, I've considered this but didn't want to deal with changing the wheels but I guess that is going to be the best option.  I recently added a stand alone gumball machine which does great.  I hate to put 2 of the same item but for profit reasons, I suppose that will be best.  Can you link me to the correct gumball wheel for a Northwestern Triple machine like the one attached?  I used to have a few locations back in the day but I bought everything in bulk so everthing was interchangeable, I've never really had to worry about buying the wrong item.  I looked on ebay but they all look different.

northwestern.jpg

12 hours ago, AZVendor said:

Why would you run one machine?  You like $10 each month?

I used to run about 6 locations but only homeruns.  My best being a laundrymat that did around $1000/mo.  As years went on and I lost locations for various reasons, only 1 remains and I keep it for the heck of it.  Good location and easy to service.  This machine would bring around $180 every 45 days (thats about when the tab gum would run out).  I added a stand alone gumball machine about a year ago and now I can go around every 60 days.  

16 hours ago, gumball guy said:

I guess this would be the correct one?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143174722868

Use this one to be sure:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/142790716131?hash=item213efd6ae3:g:u0cAAOSwwRtcjvO2&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAwMtFz23eIrqOtvqo0FGVVdHGi%2BxQDbqALW5lyehJ7PF%2B8HGii6YlE8SbbghkZa5wfOfmm6GHxsrrrYtBaI9yLWYZp0SbfrrS9Q4qgClO07H0VjoFmSTqX%2B8766nPC4uTKHxBpA1bKwstaGaxb8vy2X6qU5ESMcgbGdP5bjP24YMARRHz5Vbq21%2F9ngC4TLT5r1bIQdhogV61U5wpPShwr5HK%2FFHjqPyvlmAMb8B9n5yDDfCy5Xbh0L71lQwBBllLfg%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR7yV6-jzYA

The listing you have looks right and in the description says Northwestern Triple Play but the title description says Routemaster Triple Vend which is a different machine. The guy selling it is a good guy that is a member here. I have bought a lot of product and parts from him over the years. Here is his direct website:

https://www.gumballstuff.com/

1 hour ago, vipergts said:

Hi, I've considered this but didn't want to deal with changing the wheels but I guess that is going to be the best option.  I recently added a stand alone gumball machine which does great.  I hate to put 2 of the same item but for profit reasons, I suppose that will be best.  Can you link me to the correct gumball wheel for a Northwestern Triple machine like the one attached?  I used to have a few locations back in the day but I bought everything in bulk so everthing was interchangeable, I've never really had to worry about buying the wrong item.  I looked on ebay but they all look different.

northwestern.jpg

Sorry just read this. I would not put in gumballs if you already have a gumball machine in the same location. Duplicating an item at the same location is never a good idea unless the sales of that product warrant it. I would just search for a something else at one of the retails mentioned earlier.