Betson Big Choice

VeteranVendingJC

Hey all!

New guy here. I am attempting to establish myself in my area on a very limited budget, so I bought a Betson Big Choice claw machine on the cheap (100 bucks) because it had a few electrical gremlins. It is the microprocessor driven board (CTL-1 Rev D) with joystick and sound. I have sorted out a few of them. The cabinet its self is in great shape, as well as the claw and gantry. The board had had several hands on it by the looks of it, and I am not hopeful that I can restore it, its pretty rough. Everything non electrical is more or less mint as it can be for an '80s machine. I plan on putting this on a route as soon as I have these gremlins worked out.

Now on the questions/issues.

First, the issue I'm having. The claw operates normally for an hour or so. My wife and I played the claw constantly for over 100 plays, but after that the claw got stuck at the bottom of its reach, then retracted with claw open and stowed itself open. After that, I reset the machine and the forward and right controls work, but the left doesn't and the back (towards operator) actually dips the claw while the joystick is held. When you stop holding the joystick, the claw stops dipping. The button still dips the claw like usual. Very odd issue. Leaving the machine off (I'm assuming to cool) results in normal function. So far, this has only happened once, but this is not the first issue it has had. Previously, the dip settings were set for 4 way play, but it was functioning for two way play (identical to the two button relay driven models). I switched the dip settings off and on again and it seemed to fix the issue. I suspect a short, or logic board issue, or both. Any ideas?

Second, my question is: Does anyone have a known working PCB they would sell me? Can anyone point me in the right direction for acquiring a new PCB? At this point, I would rather save the time of troubleshooting and just replace the board, unless one of you that knows more about IC chip trouble shooting would like to help me out. 

Thanks!

Edited by VeteranVendingJC