Looking to Get Into Vending

cutman2000

Hello, I'm trying to get a pretty stable income of about $500 a month asap, and then try to grow from there. I have a used triple head candy and a new double head Rhino that I purchased. I think my goal is to eventually get into the soda and snack machines, I'm just afraid of dealing with the placement(if it has to be moved for any reason) and repairing on the machine right now. So I figured I'd start with the gumball machine to get in the door first. But what would you all suggest if someone wants to get to $500 a month asap? Would you suggest getting a lot of gumballs and locations(if so how many ideally), or just wait and take my time in the soda and snack machines?

Thanks,

Carl

It would be better to post this in full-line or bulk vending sections.

To make $500 (in your pocket) each month with vending wouldn't be too difficult but the upfront expenses would be up there.  Two good locations would generate you $500 in your pocket easy.  The problem is securing two good locations (or even knowing what a good location looks like).  With no experience, it may be difficult to convince a potential customer to go with you unless your sales skills are very good and you display confidence in your approach.  With bulk, the placement may be somewhat easier but I don't recommend bulk because it's a dying industry and it's dying faster and faster every day.  Not only are we going from cash to cashless, but even the people WITH cash often don't have the correct change necessary to make purchases in gumball machines.  You would probably need a good 60+ gumball machines to make it work.  I think vending is the way to go but I am biased because that's what I do, but I KNOW that the lack of card acceptance will eventually kill most of bulk vending.  It's just a matter of when.