Bevmax 4.

Vendq8y

Is there any menu in the bevmax that might display error codes? I’m unfamiliar with them.

also what brand validator are using? Just wondering. It might be worth a try to change both with known good working ones. Individually though, so you know what is causing the problem.

if nothing works, time to swap the machine out with something made overseas. I like tcn machines. They look nice, not very heavy to move. Customer service it a bit lacking though so you have to be patient.

The bevmax will have a error list once opening the door that can be accessed.  If nothing is wrong with bill acceptor then vendq8y should at least get a code for lack of communication with the acceptor.   

I ask about putting in another acceptor as to see if you get the same result.  If you do get the same result than there is a connection problem such as bad MDB harness or something not connected properly.  If you hook up another acceptor and it works then you know problem lies in the bill acceptor.   Since you’re not going to pull the acceptor Can you access the error codes?

• Like 1

Press the service button twice from standby. Display will say Test Mode. Press the "A" button til List errors. Press * to scroll through any errors. Pressing * will erase the errors.croll through menu twice and display should read no errors.

did you fill the coin tube using the Tube Fill option?  It may not recognize the coins in the mech if youy did not. Try buying several drinks with coins until the coins begin to be sent to the cash box. Use qtr, dimes and nickels. Then try bills

46 minutes ago, Vendq8y said:

Thanks for your advice, we tried that before, no errors but still not taking bills. Very mysterious! 3 machines not only one. Losing money. 

It isn’t going to start accepting bills until the problem is resolved.   At minimum you should have an error code for for no communication BVal Comm (coke models) or NA BILL or NA BC.  You should at least be open to trying another bill acceptor and MDB cable.  You don’t necessarily have to uninstall the bill acceptor you have in there, simply turn machine switch off, uninstall the MDB cable and plug the MDB cable into another known working bill acceptor.  Emphasis on known working bill acceptor.  That should have been the very first thing you should of done.  If you cannot or do not want to buy an extra bill acceptor then perhaps you could go to a location that doesn’t generate much in sales that does have an MDB machine and maybe uninstall that validator.  Just some ideas for you but I still can’t grasp the idea of not wanting to put another bill acceptor in.   If that doesn’t work then try swapping the MDB cables.   If neither of these work and everything is connected properly as you have previously said then it’s time to call your equipment supplier for help.  If that fails then you need to call Crane.  It has been 8 days you started this post plus however many days the machine was already doing this so you’ve got to do something to get this resolved.  Now you have a total of 3 machines not accepting bills.   

If the machine does not know how much change is in the mech it will not accept bill. That is why you need to use the TUBE FILL option when putting coins into mech. The board keeps track of the coinage.

The proper way to fix this is to start by replacing the bill acceptor with a good one to see if a replacement resolves the issue.  I don't recognize your bill acceptor or the error codes.  You could reach out to the company that you got the machine from or the manufacturer, and you can reach out to the company that manufactures the bill acceptor.  But the simplest way to diagnose the issue is by replacing the bill acceptor.  If you can't do that, I don't think vending is for you.

• Like 1

if this is happening to 3 different machines I believe it is a setup issue.  Check your harnesses and be sure they are the proper ones.  I would also take one of your validators and install it on another machine- not a BevMax and see if it will work

• Like 1

Guys, remember, the bill acceptor and or coin mech is probably some “spare parts” that were sent with the tcn machines he imported. (See the recent China machine post).

I bet if he put some quality mechs and validators like mei 7000 series into the bevmax machines, they would work.