Vendo 475 refurb (using V21 parts)

Andy K

I have a wonderful old 475 executive that I would like to (1) upgrade to MDB and (2) more importantly get rid of the 110 volt motors. The V21 control board, display, drop sensor, harnesses and motors could all be fitted without too much trouble, but although the motors bolt straight on, they run differently.

The V21 control board has the motors turning both CW & CCW to complete the vend cycle while the old 475 only needs to go one way, hence the vend cup loading/unloading mechanism geometry on the two machines is a little different. Perhaps could be modified.... I don't know.

I would love to get the old girl back to work so any ideas greatly appreciated.

Sorry but I like jamming it to the naysayers, like when they told me that my AP LCM34 Snackshop cannot dispense 500ml cans or be fitted with a card reader. It's currently pushing out 100+ Monsters a week with 97% going on card. Love a challenge.

We aren't fabricators.  We do this to make a profit and that means we don't have time to take on ridiculous tasks like trying to frankenstein an old machine to work like a new machine when we can just get rid of the old one and use the newer one.  If you can do it, by all means do it!  But you're not on the right forum to be asking about fabrication work.  You'll basically need to replace everything electronic in the machine, and the harnesses may or may not reach.  I have no idea how you'd deal with the cooling deck with its temp sensor.

• 2 weeks later...

You'd need to do some pretty significant reman to the stack assembly to make this work.  From your list, it's almost a 475 cabinet with all V21 parts aside from the all important stack and cradle assembly.  The board is programmed to run the motors based on depth settings and timing from product testing. The cutouts on the side of the cradle along the spacing of the side walls and product steps all work in tandem with the programmed VMC to accomplish a vend cycle. 

Thanks to the reversible nature of the V21 vend motor, there is also a handy "jog" function that allows you to release tension from a jammed drink to remove it.  

On 12/29/2022 at 9:47 PM, Andy K said:

Vendo Mike you wouldn't happen to have any details on the V21 programming logic would you?

Not sure if you're asking for programming instructions or a copy of the code.  I don't have/cannot share code but programming instructions are in the manual and can be downloaded from our website under support.  

I like the determination but curious about why it's being applied to this particular machine.