Dixie Narco 368R

Hi, I have a Dixie Narco 368R. It was working before but it was off for a couple months. Now, its takes dollar bills but does not give me credits and do not sell. If I put coins, it will work, but does not show the credit for each Quarter. And I'm not sure if it is a single price machine ( the instructions at the door says otherwise) I put a selection $2 and it sells with 4 quarter.

Can anyone give me a direction? 

PXL_20230102_221522241.jpg

PXL_20230102_221553332.jpg

PXL_20230102_221602266.jpg

PXL_20230102_221609433.jpg

PXL_20230102_221618468.jpg

It is an MPC board.  It's a multiprice capable machine that can be set to single price.

That's all I can tell you for now.  I got rid of my few MPCs years ago as I had many problems with them and never really figured it out.  You could have a bad bill acceptor, bad coin mech, bad board, wrong board settings, etc.  It's too much for me to even begin to help diagnose.  Hopefully someone else remembers all of the quirks to help you.

To begin with, you have a single price coin mech in it so that means the board has to be set to single price.  The display is probably static at one price no matter what selection button you push right now.  Once you change it to multi-price, which you will need a logic mech for, the display will go to zero if more than one price is programmed.  I remember it's also difficult to test vend with the door open and the bill acceptor might not work when the door is open.  Since I don't wish to re-read the manual right now, here is the manual for it:  https://rc.cranems.com/Uploads/MPC Manual.pdf

The machine is limited to what it can do and you need to be well-versed in the programming and how to program it as it's a whole 'nother animal.  This board preceded the SII and SIID boards.  I believe that even with a price above $1 this machine may not accept a second bill, but I can't remember if that's correct or not. If you have further questions about it just ask.

Edited by AZVendor

• 3 weeks later...