New to vending and open to all advice

Real

Hi, I am from Alabama, I recently wanted to get into the vending machine space and wanted some direction. Some specifics, I am from around the Huntsville area, I wanted to target gyms, sports facilities, etc. I wanted to know if I should start by contacting gyms around the area to see how they feel about independent vendors and how we could work together to gain more traffic, How I should negotiate with said gym or business, and are there any books I should look into reading? More questions that I have are that of, are their any other target locations or businesses that I should be looking at? Is vending a saturated industry? Are their any websites that I could find that would help with bargain resupply of vending machines? Lastly should I go with a new vending machine or a used one?

Thanks to all that respond and help.

You won't increase traffic to a gym or sports facility with vending machines so that conversation is moot.

No good books or websites in my opinion. Only the school of hard knocks.

Start with blue collar locations like tire shops, wholesale parts houses, etc.

Of course, vending is a saturated business.  You and tens of thousands want to get rich quick. That's why there are web sites selling machines to people that don't know what they are doing.

No bargains in vending products exist. Grocery stores, Sams Club or Costco for soda and some candy chips - when you get there.

Used machines gets you there faster.  Stick with only canned soda to start with as it's the easiest to work with.  Don't buy a machine without posting photos and model numbers here first.  We can help you avoid wasting money.

Edited by AZVendor