is it a good idea to buy from a company called "Cup and Go". They offer the machine and the location for one price. Is this a scam? Please help...

MPelkey

Hi. I really want to start a vending machine business. So, I found a company called "Cup and Go". The sales person said that I can get a brand new vending machine plus they will provide me with the location with an already signed 2 year contract commitment. Then, after I signed the contract and pay, the machine will be delivered to the location, and a tech will come to that location to assemble the machine, and train me on how it works.

I am nervous because I'm new on this business, and also because the deal sound a little bit too good to be true. Is this a scam? Please help

I will appreciate any and all advise that I can get.

Thank you and God blessed.

Nope.  Asking for $$ up front is a sign that you will get screwed.   Why can’t they get a location and machine and then get you to pay.  I get a refundable deposit but all up front..  Once they have your money it doesn’t matter.  Then you’ll be calling and emailing daily to get results and at first you’ll hear “haven’t found anything yet for you”.  Then when they do find a location it will be some place with 8 people with 6 working from home, which means you’ll make $2.25 a day… Can I ask how much this company is charging you?  I won’t say that they are a scam but believe me they are out there.

For us smaller operators it would be unwise to buy new equipment especially starting out.  Find an equipment supplier in your area, call and ask if they could show you a couple things about the machines.  For drinks I would recommend a Dixie Narco 501e.  If it’s a really small amount of people get a single priced machine.  As a beginner you’ll want to find a location and then buy equipment based on foot traffic and door measurements.   
You really should not do snacks unless you are in a position to place 4 or 5 snack machines.   This reason is to limit stale products.   A case of 64 chips with a 45 day shelf life can easily go past the best by date without selling out.  

• Like 1

I will bet the price is north of $4000 for what is a single cup coffee machine. That is not the way to get into vending and why do you think that you should do single cup coffee machines?  That is a world that you need experience in to have half a chance of making a profit. Any vending offers online have been scams since Al Gore invented the internet. You need to rethink how bad you "really want to start a vending machine business." Read this forum for a few weeks, yes weeks, before you even think you have any idea of how to start. This isn't something to just randomly jump into.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2023 at 1:15 AM, AZVendor said:

I will bet the price is north of $4000 for what is a single cup coffee machine. That is not the way to get into vending and why do you think that you should do single cup coffee machines?  That is a world that you need experience in to have half a chance of making a profit. Any vending offers online have been scams since Al Gore invented the internet. You need to rethink how bad you "really want to start a vending machine business." Read this forum for a few weeks, yes weeks, before you even think you have any idea of how to start. This isn't something to just randomly jump into.

i say months, not weeks, why would anyone be so nice as to give you a machine and location?

they probably sell you the machine, deliver some chines e crap, and then will make you sit on it for a few months, and then just toss you away, they got your cash already! so youre basically screwed!

if youre going to go in, buy local, maybe someone is selling, do alot of research!

• 2 months later...

DO NOT buy from Cup & Go Coffee.  I lost $12,000. Edward promised me to give me a prime location he sold me 2 machines in the promised of given me a hospital. I got the machines, the tech guy came and put them together, and I thought: “oh everything it’s going well” after a month and half later never heard back from Edward and then I got a email from the location company and got 2 different locations of salons with very little traffic. To recovery my investment it will take me like 10 years or more. I have been calling and texting the guy named Edward and nothing. I just got scammed.  DONT DO IT.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/12/2023 at 3:19 PM, Maribel said:

DO NOT buy from Cup & Go Coffee.  I lost $12,000. Edward promised me to give me a prime location he sold me 2 machines in the promised of given me a hospital. I got the machines, the tech guy came and put them together, and I thought: “oh everything it’s going well” after a month and half later never heard back from Edward and then I got a email from the location company and got 2 different locations of salons with very little traffic. To recovery my investment it will take me like 10 years or more. I have been calling and texting the guy named Edward and nothing. I just got scammed.  DONT DO IT.

Hey Maribel,

I know the real identity of these guys... You can email me at: tylerwelts35@gmail.com and I can send you over all their information. I also have an attorney I can recommend that has a 100% track record of getting money back. You aren't alone. :) 

• Like 1