Crane National 146 questions

KSilver

I have been using a Crane National 146 for 4 years.  I have replaced the keypad 3 times and the coin mech 3 times as well.  I always get bill and coin acceptance problems.  Sometimes it won't accept anything!  I replaced a Mars coin changer to a Coinco.  Today, the Coinco coin changer spilled $12 in quarters for the heck of it.  Is it the computer board that is the problem?  Should I get it fixed or should I buy another 'used' snack machine??  

I had the florescent lamp harness off because I didn't want the lamp on all day and night.  I plugged it in again and took off the lamp this time.  It has been working fine for the past couple of days.  I hope that is it.

What do you mean by "had the...harness off?"  If it was unplugged then it wouldn't have caused this.  And what does it matter if the lamp is on 24 hrs a day?  If you didn't change the lamp then do that along with the starter to be safe.  But you need to look outside your machine for bad florescent lamps too, especially in the ceiling.

• 2 weeks later...

Again, check your power cord for a good ground pin.  Then look for questionable florescent lamps near your machine, in another machine or ceiling fixture.  Then check your outlet for a dirty ground circuit, meaning that the 110v bleeds to ground, which it shouldn't. Lastly, what else is on this circuit?  A soda machine, coffee machine, coffee maker or something maybe on the other side of the wall on this circuit could cause this issue.

• 4 weeks later...

I will try that.  My machine also eat quarters.  Sometime it will register up to 50 cents, sometime to $1 and sometimes it works fine.  In the past I changed the keypad membrane and the machine would work for a while.  Do they go bad easily as well?

• 3 weeks later...

AZ Vendor is correct.  Check all those grounding issues.  If problem persist, then it could be a possibility of your mail controller board acting up.  I had similar issues with a 146.  I upgraded it with in ones upgrade board with delivery sensors plus LED lighting over 10 years ago! It is still working like a champ.  Old machine, but with a big delivery bin/bucket to sell cup-o-noddle soups out of it.  Unlike your 148 and 158 delivery bins... and yes, 168 surevend will be a better choice!

photo_2023-03-18_00-06-12.jpg