User name login will be disabled Saturday. You must use your email address to login ×

Help with Beaver coin tray

vipergts

I have a location that will sell a 850ct box of gumballs in 45 days.  I like to service it about every 45 days but I have an issue with quarters bunching up near the coin mech and it eventually jams the coin mech.  I try to go by there every 3 weeks to tilt the machine to push the quarters to the back but seeing if there is a solution that I am missing.  I already tried trimming the coin tray which helped but it still happens.  I'm going to try removing the coin tray all togehter.  I don't suppose there is a fix for this but posting here for ideas anyways.  

I guess I need to upgrade to a Northwestern as they have a deep coinbox.  Where is the best place to order a new one?

g1.jpg

g2.jpg

Edited by vipergts

11 hours ago, vipergts said:

I have a location that will sell a 850ct box of gumballs in 45 days.  I like to service it about every 45 days but I have an issue with quarters bunching up near the coin mech and it eventually jams the coin mech.  I try to go by there every 3 weeks to tilt the machine to push the quarters to the back but seeing if there is a solution that I am missing.  I already tried trimming the coin tray which helped but it still happens.  I'm going to try removing the coin tray all togehter.  I don't suppose there is a fix for this but posting here for ideas anyways.  

I guess I need to upgrade to a Northwestern as they have a deep coinbox.  Where is the best place to order a new one?

g1.jpg

g2.jpg

There's not a lot you can do here except change to a larger machine or increase the frequency of you service cycle to that location. A lot of my Oak machines have a thin metal "sweep" mounted on the coin mech right behind the flywheel to help prevent coins from stacking up on the chute but I'm not sure that would even work with that volume of coins. I don't believe they make them for Beaver but maybe you can fabricate something similar.

coin_sweep_2__68207.1591498102.1280.1280

At the end of the day you have a great location and you don't want to lose it because of frequent jams so If you are going by every 21 days or so just to tip it then I would just fully service it while you are there. Northwestern is out of business so you cannot get new ones any longer. I would check your local Craig's List, eBay, or Facebook Market place first and see if you can get a good deal on one. Here is a good place to by machines etc...

https://www.gumballstuff.com/machines/northwestern/

He is a member here and I bought things from him for years.

9 hours ago, vipergts said:

Wow, when did they go out of business?  What happened?  They were the best quality in my opinion.  

They closed in March 2018 and remaining inventory was purchased by NEN. Unfortunately bulk companies like Northwestern & Oak manufacturing were done in buy Chinese imports and dwindling demand for bulk vending equipment. Bulk vending is trending downward and will eventually go the way of the payphone as we see more and more people embrace cashless retail. Add to that rising product costs and candy manufacturers moving away from offering bulk product and it will only hasten the exit of many bulk operators from the business.

• Like 1

You can still get brand new machines from Eagle. $73 for a 25 cent mech machine or $84 for a 50 cent mech machine. Very similar to an Oak machine. I'm on my way out of the business now after 20 years but If I was expanding or just starting out this would be my #1 choice right now. 

9 hours ago, SSVEND said:

You can still get brand new machines from Eagle. $73 for a 25 cent mech machine or $84 for a 50 cent mech machine. Very similar to an Oak machine. I'm on my way out of the business now after 20 years but If I was expanding or just starting out this would be my #1 choice right now. 

Can you link me?

sams club has nw machines, 

is that a single head machine you have? i would put a 2nd head on there with same product

or

go for a wizard or roadrunner machine

1 hour ago, NYCandyMaN said:

sams club has nw machines, 

is that a single head machine you have? i would put a 2nd head on there with same product

or

go for a wizard or roadrunner machine

Hi, yes I think that is my plan.  Can you link me to the machines from Sams?  I don't see them on their website.  

Eagle does not a have a website. You have to call them. The contact person is Sharon and the number is (909) 447-7866

They're out in California so that would be west coast time.