Coins are not catching

Davide

My Quantum 700 series coins stop dropping the coins in the container. It only goes to the dropbox. My Dixie Narco 501e does count the coins, but it will not go to the containers. So cleared the coins out, I powered cycled the machine. Have any experienced this before?

Coin mechs have a sensor to determine when the tubes are full.  Once it believes your inventory is full, it will kick all of that type coin to the cashbox until it sees the level drop.   It is also possible that a Par level (min/max) level was set and your mech is just following those parameters. 

Another possibility is a faulty acceptor gate in your coin mech which would need to be repaired by a tech.

• Like 1

Container, drop box LOL.  Those are called coin tubes and the coin box or cash box is in the machine.  Try TUBEFILL first and payout coins in that mode until the machine reports zero coins of each denomination, then refill the coin tubes through TUBEFILL.  It sounds like your tubes are empty but the machine thinks they are full.  That or your tube sensors aren't working.  The Quantum changers are kind of junky so maybe you need a different coin mech.

• Like 1

The coin tubes are filled. I am looking into purchasing a new coin dispenser. Do you have any suggestion for a new coin dispenser replacement?  I was able to select the C-D on the machine, but I do not know how to set it. Listed below is what I did:

1. I selected system set-up/Audit

2. I selected both the coca-cola and diet coke to navigate to the C-D

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you for pointing me to the C-D. 

68291144557--0165D91F-EA5D-4302-A7F5-493B456A5775.thumb.jpg.bf283a0a1ee874cc7b5e59ba7ce647a9.jpg

unnamed.thumb.jpg.2cc2489e794218d3fa8cc1d987df4239.jpg

Edited by Davide

I'm afraid you don't have a 501E but rather a 501CC which is a T-model since you have the SII board and not the SIID board.  Here is your programming manual.  Get very familiar with it. https://www.dsvendinginc.com/images/pdf-manuals/dn10.pdf

I would dump the Quantum and put a Coinco 9302GX in it.  

Edited by AZVendor
  • Like 1

Although the Quantum was not the best, if the tubes are full and it's kicking everything to the cashbox, it's functioning exactly as designed.  If it didn't kick overflow to the cash box, it would clog the mech.   What exactly are you having issue with?  A full coin mech is a good thing.  It makes sure you have change to pay and can accept bills.  Leave it alone and pull your profits from the cash box when you empty the bill box and go on about your day.