Mall locations

MJC

I have seen at several malls around the country,their are blocks of machines that just sell different flavored gumballs. Are these locations controlled by the super large companies. I wonder how many gumballs they move in a month? 

Not at all. I have been cooking a spot up for a couple of 60" cranes at the biggest mall in the state.

INFO: Most of the people that own these are people like you and me. Trying to make a GOOD dollar, and they are. I have counted..and the results are about 100 vends an hour. That's around $30 an hour. Now lets do the math:

30 an hour for 10 hours is: around $300 a day.

Most will use concord (SP?) gumballs/candy! (AKA Double Bubble Brand)

All malls are different, BUT most vendors will rent one of the stands that are in the mall, have them take the stand out, and replace it with there stuff. That is what I am doing with the cranes!

Kyle

• 2 weeks later...
It does look like they have the malls wrapped up. I am going to tallk with the listing agent for a new mall being built in my city in a few weeks. It is set to open this spring. I would like to get a spiral gumball machine in there at least.

• 4 weeks later...

Outfits like http://www.gumballgourmet.com and others usually offer franchises. Smaller malls would probably allow you to locate in them as an independent operator. We lucked out and got a restaurant located in a mall and I placed the machine in the mall in the space they lease. That is another option for getting into the mall. If a store in the mall allows you to place a machine you're in.

David