MIDWEST UPDATE - Important News

alyssamma

so midwest closed up and it is now central locators?

Antonio......this new post on here from Jacklyn is another company starting.  Its called Central Locators.  Jacklyn is a former employee of Midwest.  Dont you remember her?  Maybe you dont.  Anyway.......so besides Central Locators there is Midwest Locators which is continuing with new ownership.  The new owner's name is Jackie. ( not Jacklyn )

alyssama cleared all this up for me,thanks johnny

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think e3veryone who has business to clear up with the New Midwest Locators will be just fine.  I am certainly comfortable with what they are shaping up to do with the new company.  And they owe me over 25 locations. So just a word of advice to everyone:  Take it easy and do not stress out over an owed location or two.  They will take care of it.  It will take a little time though. Obviously you can handle it the way yoiu want but I would NOT swamp them with phone calls and e mails constantly.  They read and hear the messages and will get to you.  Thats just my opinion.  They have been in touch with me by phone today a couple of times.

I am glad this splintered into two and perhaps three locator business'.

I think it is an IQ/reading test :)

why dont you try this iq test:Just to clarify things for everyone Midwest is still in business and owned by Jackie, I am Jacklyn I used to manage Midwest but unfortunately I no longer work for Midwest. Central Locators is my business and we are not affiliated with Midwest.

I am glad this splintered into two and perhaps three locator business'.

Three business'!  Do you have some inside info there Johnny??!!

Jax

Hey Jax......I think I mis spoke.  Its 2 and not 3 companies.  Sorry about that. 

The new numbers for Midwest Locators are 417-987-4207 or alternatively 417-429-8140 ask for either Jackie Barlow or her son Alex. Their e-mail is jbarlow@midwestlocators.com. After a rocky transfer of my account from Marjorie to Jackie, I am now looking forward to having them as my service provider.

Regards,

Saibol

Hopefully, Midwest will not alter their buisness model too much that it effects their level of service.  The biggest mistake they could make is to fire their staff and replace them with work-at-home telemarketers.  Locators must be supervised and in be in a controlled office environment (IMO), otherwise bad things can happen.

Jax

Jackie has things under control.  I am very happy with her and the staff.  Her son who works there has been great in taking the time to go over my account and see what I am owed.  They are working on it as we speak.  I have approximately 35 locations coming to me.  I love bulk vending.

I heard back from them today by phone. They will work on getting me my relocation. I told them to go ahead and take care of any emergency locations from the mmbers here as I need to still rescue my machine. It has been in lock up for a month now but I have the number to the property management company to meet me there and get the machine out.

The new numbers for Midwest Locators are 417-987-4207 or alternatively 417-429-8140 ask for either Jackie Barlow or her son Alex. Their e-mail is jbarlow@midwestlocators.com. After a rocky transfer of my account from Marjorie to Jackie, I am now looking forward to having them as my service provider.

Regards,

Saibol

I am using this e-mail address to contact them. I am glad they have convinced T-bird that his mass of locations owed is still safe. I am not as trusting as T-bird. I will prepare the necessary documentation in case this turns South, and I will hope for the best. I think this thread should stay updated with information on how long relocates are taking. I've heard about people in the pipeline for 10 months. If I don't get them in about 1 month, twice their expected time to locate machines, I will be prepared to ask directly for a refund for any machines sitting in my garage. When the location is just slightly under performing, I can try to be understanding. However I need to know that my money won't "disappear". To that end I believe most of us have been foresighted enough to use our credit cards so we have the ability to dispute charges for 90 days after the initial charge. As business owners, we pay for results, not effort.

Thank you for this thread, it has helped me understand why I was previously unable to get ahold of Midwest.

Thanks Saibol for the #'s and e-mail. I did speak with Jackie and she seems to want to do things right. She and her son work out of her  from home and I understand the locators are working from home. We will see. I just want two locations replaced from last August and will take it from there. Jackie is very concerned about doing things right but I am VERY skeptical of locators right now. I'm sure there will be lotsa feedback here and we should keep these guys feet to the fire.

I'm only owed 1 original location I had ordered in October 2008. I get periodic phone calls from them every once in a while letting me know they are still working on it.

I'm only owed 1 original location I had ordered in October 2008. I get periodic phone calls from them every once in a while letting me know they are still working on it.

They must love Steve, my business wouldn't spend money every month on getting a relocate for someone that took 8 months. I'd just refund the money... of course to say I was working on relocates and keep the money without doing work... that would also be easy.

Steve is very patient.

At what point will you ask for a refund, and do you have machines sitting around waiting to go out?  I know you've said you'll hire multiple locators for the same machine--or that was my impression, perhaps a misunderstanding. Do you have a way of cancelling orders for the companies that did not find a location in a timely manner?

Hello everyone,

Alex, Jackie's son, gave me a call today and gave me my first location. I refused it because it was a poor location that I have already had a vending machine in, but Mid-West didn't know that. No problem there.

The procedure was different than I'm used to. Alex kept calling my phone until I picked up instead of calling once and leaving me a message (-1). I was surprised, from the phone conversation I had about the location, that they didn't pick up that this would be a poor location since its in an office building that closes at 2 pm everyday and their sales are very low (-1). On a positive note, they agreed right away to find a new location once I refused this one and the location was found 3 weeks early (+1).

I don't believe Alex was the same person locating racks before Mid-West's recent purchase by Jackie. Am I wrong? I am concerned that they would want to locate a toy and gum rack in an office building.

Thanks.

Hello everyone,

Alex, Jackie's son, gave me a call today and gave me my first location. I refused it because it was a poor location that I have already had a vending machine in, but Mid-West didn't know that. No problem there.

The procedure was different than I'm used to. Alex kept calling my phone until I picked up instead of calling once and leaving me a message (-1). I was surprised, from the phone conversation I had about the location, that they didn't pick up that this would be a poor location since its in an office building that closes at 2 pm everyday and their sales are very low (-1). On a positive note, they agreed right away to find a new location once I refused this one and the location was found 3 weeks early (+1).

I don't believe Alex was the same person locating racks before Mid-West's recent purchase by Jackie. Am I wrong? I am concerned that they would want to locate a toy and gum rack in an office building.

Thanks.

That would concern me also