MIDWEST UPDATE - Important News

alyssamma

I haven't heard from them in a almost a month.  Another week and I'm going to get my money back!

We'll see.

How many locations are you owed?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I talked to Alex the other day and told him exactly what I wanted for my replacements. If he calls back with an office bldg or tanning salon I'm asking for a refund. I'm done with locators who ignore what I ask for.

I got 3 quality replacements this week from the New Midwest.  I now feel that they deserve a real order in the future.  Just wait for the backlog to clear up.  They are still a better bet than K.S.

Jax

I got 3 quality replacements this week from the New Midwest.  I now feel that they deserve a real order in the future.  Just wait for the backlog to clear up.  They are still a better bet than K.S.

Jax

I just got my 3 locations today.  3 weeks not to bad for a company in transition.  They seem like decent locations.  I will post how well they go in.

I had sent a few e-mails and was annoyed about not hearing back. Got a call monday morning saying they were sorry Talbots had not worked out (manager kick out), and were working on getting a replacement but couldn't say for sure when it would be ready, probably within 1 or 2 weeks at the longest. 3 hours later they called with a break room location at old navy. They set up my install for the next day, I had requested tuesday morning, and was told anytime before 2:30 (or was it 3?) would be good. I went in to install and sure enough, the store manager had the day off and had not told the managers to expect me. However, I can't blame midwest for their managers not communicating, the manager there said the SM usually did not keep them in the loop, and they'd be happy to show me where to put the machine. They even opened up the back door and let me park right next to it (in their loading area) so I wouldn't have to carry the machine so far. I like the location. I'm next to another machine, we both vend skittles. I got out 2 quarters and called over some employees for a free handful. His gave out 17 skittles to my 13. I took the machine apart, changed the wheel, and gave another employee a free handful. 19 skittles. That's more than I vend anywhere else, but it should also be more than his wheel can support. Manager even suggested that they really wanted RP and runts. I hope he is right :P. All in all, they are clearly in catch up mode, but it does appear they are trying to get it done right. I will be a little cautious and skeptical for the first few months at least, but so far they have been doing what they should.

So I placed two out of the three charity locations on Friday- Kohls and Outback Steakhouse employee breakrooms.  They went in without a problem and look promising.

The 3rd is Old Navy breakroom which will be placed this week.  Will keep you all posted.

So far am happy with Jackie and MW.

They do still do racks. Since I split my 10 way into 2 5way racks I am talking to them about the cost to get it located. Waiting on a call back while they check their system to see how saturated the local area is for commission racks. If I place an order for these I will keep the forum updated of course.

Edit: Just got the call back. They said 150$ to get two locations for 5 way racks, and would guarantee 45$/month revenue (I'm assuming that is per rack). They said they would look for a location with no other machines so I wouldn't have competition. If they can find those, and the business is good enough, they may be able to be upgraded at some point. All in all, this seems within reason.

They do still do racks. Since I split my 10 way into 2 5way racks I am talking to them about the cost to get it located. Waiting on a call back while they check their system to see how saturated the local area is for commission racks. If I place an order for these I will keep the forum updated of course.

Edit: Just got the call back. They said 150$ to get two locations for 5 way racks, and would guarantee 45$/month revenue (I'm assuming that is per rack). They said they would look for a location with no other machines so I wouldn't have competition. If they can find those, and the business is good enough, they may be able to be upgraded at some point. All in all, this seems within reason.

I just changed up with Midwest on the 3 racks I had ordered.  Its just too difficult to find proper locations.  I took the money and increased the amount of doubles they will find.  I told them I want toys on some of these doubles.

• 7 months later...