Central Locators owned by Jacklyn (former manager of Midwest)

Hey everyone this is Jacklyn, I used to be the manager for Midwest. I just wanted to let everyone know that I have opened my own locating business named Central Locators. I have hired Mitzi, which did the corporate calling along with myself. Also, Kim who did our files is my sister so she will be in business with me as well. I am asking everyone to contact me via e-mail for now, my e-mail address is jsampson1990@yahoo.com. I should have my phones installed by next week. I will have pretty much the same policy and procedures as Midwest. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions and I look forward to doing business with everyone.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI Jacklyn,

Please let us know the prices?  I talked to you about a couple of weeks ago when I ordered with Midwest.  I have more locations to secure and Midwest and KS are taking a bit more time than I expected.  So, I'm definitely interested. 

Thanks!

Just to clarify things for everyone Midwest is still in business and owned by Jackie, I am Jacklyn I used to manage Midwest but unfortunately I no longer work for Midwest. Central Locators is my business and we are not affiliated with Midwest. Central Locators company policy is as follows: For candy locations including single, double, and triple heads they are $55 per machine. Gumball and dentyne ice locations are $60 per machine. Our guarantees are in effect for 90 days after purchasing the locations, we guarantee $10-12 monthly for single head machines $12-15 monthly for double heads and $15-20 monthly for triple heads. If for any reason you have to remove your machine or the location does not produce we will find a replacement for you. Our turnaround times are expected to be 1-2 weeks depending on how many locations are purchased.

You going to do Snack/Drink/Soda?

Just to clarify things for everyone Midwest is still in business and owned by Jackie, I am Jacklyn I used to manage Midwest but unfortunately I no longer work for Midwest. Central Locators is my business and we are not affiliated with Midwest. Central Locators company policy is as follows: For candy locations including single, double, and triple heads they are $55 per machine. Gumball and dentyne ice locations are $60 per machine. Our guarantees are in effect for 90 days after purchasing the locations, we guarantee $10-12 monthly for single head machines $12-15 monthly for double heads and $15-20 monthly for triple heads. If for any reason you have to remove your machine or the location does not produce we will find a replacement for you. Our turnaround times are expected to be 1-2 weeks depending on how many locations are purchased.

I have an update for everyone. I contacted the phone company today and I suppose they are swamped as well because they can't make it out until 6/29/09 to install the phones. So we will be accepting orders starting 6/29 if not before then via e-mail. Central Locators has 2 business lines, the main number will be (417) 832-8758 and secondary line is (417) 832-8759. As far as locating the vending machines we haven't had much luck with those in our experience so Central Locators will only locate bulk machines for now. Let us know if anyone has any questions.

Jacklyn! How are you? I have an important question for you. HOW DO I GET AHOLD OF MIDWEST?!?!?! I have emailed multiple times and ive heard their phone number is not the same. I dont want to lose 137$ if i dont have to. obiously you were the one that made midwest run and i just want you to know that i will be sticking with you and not midwest. If you could help me out on this i would very much appreciate it. When are you able to take orders? Let me know asap, im way behind on things.

Thank you very much for updating all of us.

RustinM

Hey Rustin I'm great, how bout u? Thanks for the continued support! Unfortunately I'm not sure how you can get in contact with Midwest, since Jackie is the only one there I can only imagine how busy she is! I believe she has changed the number and it is posted under the Midwest Update topic. I will be accepting orders starting June 29th by phone, if you are interested in ordering via e-mail we can do that now. Let us know if you have any questions.

Dear Jacklyn & Kim,

I want to provide this information for you and the vending community at large. I had an account with Midwest Locators while you were employed there. My account opened on February 27th, 2009 and as of the first week of May, 2009 I was still owed 10 relocates and an initial locate on a 6-head. I talked with Kim the week before the business was sold to Jackie. Confirmed with her that I was guaranteed the relocates and the 6-head placement. She told me that it would all be taken care of in a week two at most. Nothing was said about the sale of Midwest Locators, (of which I came to later find out Kim was well aware of at the time of my call). At the time I also confirmed with Kim all of my collections information about the machines I had on location, and confirmed that I was providing all of the collection information Midwest Locators required under their contract.

I call back the next week and get a hold of Jackie just a day before the old number is turned off. She says according to her records I am owed one 6-head and that is what Marjorie paid her for. I ask about the 10 relocates which I had confirmed with Kim the week before. She calls me back a few days later telling me that Marjorie told her that I had breached my contract by failing to report my location collection information.

I am not sure who, but either Kim or Marjorie was not telling the truth, and because of this I lost guaranteed locations I had paid for. If this happened to other vendors feel free to comment here. I for one would like some answers as to what exactly happened, and maybe a number where Marjorie can be reached. If Kim is an innocent party to this breach of duty, please let me know. I only write this here because it is the only venue I could find to address my grievances.

For other vendors out there Jackie at Midwest Locators was an absolute angel and she offered to give me the majority of my locations even though she had not been properly compensated for them.

This message is for Saibol whom I believe is Chris Bower. Kim and I were both employed at Midwest and I would like to know who gave you the information that we knew the business was changing because that is not the case at all. Kim and I did all of the customer files at Midwest and when we were informed that Jackie was taking over the company you were on the list for 11 replacements. If you were told other things by Midwest then you will have to take it up with them but If you don't know the true story I would appreciate for us not to be involved in the drama at Midwest. As far as getting a hold of Marjorie you will have to contact Jackie since she is the owner of Midwest.

As I see it...  Maybe Marjorie didn't want to join or post here.  If so, she was the boss and thus her employees could not do it either.  These ladies are now their own boss and now have an opportunity to post.  Hopefully they are aware that problems will be aired here and they will have to respond to them.

Jax

Hello to all....this is Kim from the old Midwest and now I am employed with Central Locators. Chris I want to address your issue personally, I deeply apologize for the problems you are having with Midwest. All of my customer files were updated and accurate, I am assuming that Jackie or Marjorie is just using that excuse to get an award for kindness because those locations were owed to you and Ms. Barlow was aware of that when she bought the business. Myself and Jacklyn were completely unaware that the business was closing and wasn't too happy ourselves. We have been there for a long time and now find ourselves unemployed. We were informed Friday June 5 that the business was closing and had to pack up our things. I can not apologize enough for all the customers that are owed locations but we are no longer employed with Midwest. We have chosen to open our own locating business and be successful and our main goal is to please our customers. If you would like proof that I did my job at Midwest with your file then just ask Dr. Barlow to fax you a copy of the back which I had already updated with the locations you were pulling and that we were to replace. Our office will be open on Monday June 29th and we will be accepting orders. 417-832-8758

Jacklyn! How are you? I have an important question for you. HOW DO I GET AHOLD OF MIDWEST?!?!?! I have emailed multiple times and ive heard their phone number is not the same. I dont want to lose 137$ if i dont have to. obiously you were the one that made midwest run and i just want you to know that i will be sticking with you and not midwest. If you could help me out on this i would very much appreciate it. When are you able to take orders? Let me know asap, im way behind on things.

Thank you very much for updating all of us.

RustinM

I want to answer your question, but I do not want to de-rail this thread. This thread is about central locators. If you need to reach the old company, you should click this link:

http://vendiscuss.com/forum/index.php?topic=5934.msg46364#msg46364

That should take you to the exact post within the thread that has their contact information. I have attempted sending an e-mail there today, and will post my results.

Best of luck to central locators. Had I known the staff of central locators would no longer be with Midwest (old), I would not have ordered from them in the first place.

Central locators, I have not seen much information pertaining to the following questions:

1. Do you do commission racks? If so, please provide pricing and guarantee information. I know I would be interested, and I believe others will be also. I've spoken to Kim when she was at midwest. I was very impressed with her.

2. Do you do spirals? Charity or commission? Pricing? Guarantee?

Look forward to hearing more from you. Your presence on the forum is appreciated.

Kim,

Thank you for replying, and thank you for the apology. I would like to ask one more question though. If as a customer I was disappointed with the service at Midwest Locators (before it was sold) regarding locating, follow-ups, and my calls being returned, and now the same manager (Jacklyn) and some of the same employees (yourself) work at Central Locators why should I think that service will be any better? Basically I want to know what changes will be made to the service provided, and what inhibited that better service from being offered at Midwest Locators while you were there? I look forward (to a sales pitch), but maybe also some clarity.

I would not do any business with anyone related to Midwest past or present, that is complete B.S. the the new management that knew that these other folks were owed locations that had already paid and are now screwed.  Guess I will have to get someone else to locate my 50 triple heads. the prices are too high too, you guys need to get it down to 40 dollars or less.

D, I would have to disagree with you. While I don't know the specifics of who knew what when, I believe both Central and Midwest have behaved professionally during the transition.

The reality is that businesses change hands. There are bad and good ways to deal with it. Given that there seems to be a lot of internal stuff going on, I think both companies have presented a very good face to their clients.

Also, the prices for Central and MW are very competitive. I find them to be mid-range for locators. Given that, other than Kickstart, no other locators get the level of good reviews on this board, their price is pretty good.

Kevin

Agreed Kevin. If only they would monitor vendiscuss as often as our members so we would know what other machines they are interested in placing. As for Central, they have no obligation regarding replacements for Midwest. They were employees at the company. When I leave the library (a day that feels like it will never come), I will have no interest or obligation in going back to help people, or complete projects I had assigned to me which could not be completed because the directions were contradictory. Why should we expect any employee to be responsible for that? The old Midwest is responsible. Part of buying a business is taking on it's liabilities as well as its assets. I'm excited to see the reviews of this company, though I don't anticipate sending much business their way. I've realized that I am dynamite when I go locating. (I hit 20-25% for the last month) I stink at locating spirals and racks, but I think that will come with time and practice. I didn't expect to be this good at charity, but I decided to put a little spin on a speech I found here and it has worked great.

I hope they do spirals and racks, it will give me a back up option. (Rob does spirals, I <3 kickstart, but I want the price to come down on those spiral locations)

This is for Saibol as far as your questions. When you are employed through a company you do as your owner or boss directs you to, management teams can only do so much. As far as returning phone calls we don't feel that we neglected that. Midwest had over a hundred of locations to get including replacements that everyone was owed. As an employee at Midwest we did our best to rotate all customers but we were under staffed and overbooked with locations. Central Locators will not be faced with that problem because now as the owner of the company and decision maker I will make better choices. Also to clear the air with Antonio, as employees it wasn't our duty to follow Vendiscuss. We did all that we could at Midwest as employees and we do apologize for anyone who doesn't feel the same. Central Locators will only be placing smaller machines (not including racks) starting out because we don't want to get to far ahead of ourselves with tasks that we can't perform. We will be placing racks and other machines in the near future. CENTRAL LOCATORS IS NOW OPEN FOR BUSINESS AND ACCEPTING NEW ORDERS GIVE US A CALL AT (417) 832-8758.