Electronic dart machines

timeman55

Always looking for something that might bring in extra quarters.  Coin pushers are one route, but has anyone out there had any news on the electronic dart machines.  I understand they might go over well at bars if leagues can be started.  Coin pusher machines in a sports grill and bar probably is not a good thing.  I can imagine some one with a little to much libations abusing a machine like that.  I've got a location that will allow us to add a dart machine or any machine that might work will in that environment.  Looking for ideas, what do you guys think?

Tee

tee,

i dont know anything about the dart boards but pushers dont do bad in bars. you may need to bolt them to the ground, but that is easy.

does the bar have any bartop games? they do well in most places. 

pool tables are something i know very little about, but would like to get into some day. they seem to do pretty well, and some bars i talk to cant get good service.

are you still looking for some pushers? i might have 2 i can sell you. send me a pm through the board. you might have to meet me half way (somewhere in ok)

We have one touch screen in the bar and it does great.  They already have a pool table, a couple of large cabinet video games and an electronic juke box.  Looks like the dart game new costs about $2,300. plus shipping.  I sent out for some information on it and will contact the distributor next week.  After doing some research on the Dart games I found that it is as popular as pool in bars.  There are teams and tournaments that bring in some nice revenue.  Bar owners like them because it will bring those dart players to the bar when business is slow adding to their revenue in food and drink sales.

I am still trying to find some pushers and would be interested in getting a hold of you.  Oklahoma isn't to far from where I am.  I'm just 30 miles north of wichita.

Tee

I had thought about cranes a couple years ago.  My area is swamped in them.  Seems like everyplace has one.  They also sound somewhat time intensive having to service them often.  The pushers sounded really good, but my county Attorney said they were very questionable as far as being on the line of a gambling machine.  So I'm back at looking at the electronic dart games.  The town I live in does not have any of those machines.  A local sports grill and bar is anxious to give one a try and see how it goes.  Guess I will give it a try and let everyone know how it all works out

Tee

I had thought about cranes a couple years ago.  My area is swamped in them.  Seems like everyplace has one.  They also sound somewhat time intensive having to service them often.  The pushers sounded really good, but my county Attorney said they were very questionable as far as being on the line of a gambling machine.  So I'm back at looking at the electronic dart games.  The town I live in does not have any of those machines.  A local sports grill and bar is anxious to give one a try and see how it goes.  Guess I will give it a try and let everyone know how it all works out

Tee

Have you tried the MegaTouch machines?  Those video games that go on the bar and the patrons can play various games for $1.00?  I've considered getting one for one of my tattoo parlours.
  • Like 1

I do have one megatouch.  They are expensive.  It does very well just sitting on the bar.  I bought mine used and it last about two months when the motherboard went out.  Be careful what you buy when you are buying used machines. 

Tee

• 2 weeks later...

dont get discouraged about your megatouch.motherboards are all over ebay find your paticular kind.I`ve never replace 1 even owning 5 of these games.a good location for these macines in my experiance is a laundry mat.wont make u rich but will bring in a steady supply of money.

dartboards:again do not buy new,ecspecially if you arent sure (which u never can be)of how it`ll do.a sports bar is a great location I hope u dont let it get away.there are always dartboards on ebay for sale.if you can try to wait untill one pops up for auction in your area so you dont have to pay 3 or 4 hundred bucks for shipping.DO NOT PAY MORE THEN 700$$ FOR YOUR MACHINE (PLUS SHIPPING).DO NOT BUY ANYTHING BUT VALLEY COUGERS.these 2 points are very important and hope u trust me on that.also dont be like me and buy spare parts that u dont need.arcade games rarely break,but when they do have 500-1000 ready to spend.

also try to talk the sports bar owner to start a league/turnament.I will answer any questions of yours the best I can if u have any.

The reason I wanted to contact them was to see where I might be able to find that kind of dart board.  I would rather find a used electronic dart board then have to purchase one new at the going price of $2,400.00.  The sports grill & bar that I am working with are excited about starting a dart league.  We will have to do a little remodeling, but it won't be a big deal.  I'm hoping to have a machine set up by December.  A number of patrons have requested the machine, I'm hoping the interest keeps growing.

Tee

I did get a hold of Joe palmentere.  He has used dart machines at a good price.  He emailed me and said I could purchase them direct from him without having to bid on them.  He's out the rest of the week, but I will be giving him a call first of next week and set up a time when I can meet with him.  Not exactly sure what the distance is from here to Springfield.  I am located 30 miles north of Wichita, if that helps you out.  Thanks for the tip on this one, I think it will work out pretty good.

Tee

Start  Newton, KS USA

End    Springfield, IL USA

Travel 517 mi – about 8 hours 10 mins

timeman55 wrote: 

Not exactly sure what the distance is from here to Springfield.  I am located 30 miles north of Wichita, if that helps you out. 

Tee

TIMEMAN:make sure the machines has locks on it because usually these machines sell without them.palmentere tried to charge me 11$ for 1 lock(u will need 2)which is a total rip off as the can be bought at home depot for around 5$.they are called cam locks.i figured out how to install them on my own you should be able to too.by an extra lock in case something goes wrong,you can always take it back later and it will save you a trip if u need it.I messed a lock up once somehow I managed for the guts to exit the cylinder makeing it worthless.(dont ask how)dont be afraid to ask to play a few games and BUY ONLY VALLEY trust me only this one time you will thank me later.they may try to talk you into a merit scorpion or another brand I cant even remember that has a television screen as a score keeper / monitor to pick games.this monitor does not make the board better,it is only an extra 400$$(or so) part that could break.

I am so confident because I did a golpher ton of research before buying.I even called the local video game guy that pretty much has the monoply on video games vending and general amusement and asked which are the best.

I know the guy he used to have a video game and juke box in my pizzeria before I bought my on.why split the money when you can keep it all!!

the split on a dart board or video game or general amusement is 50% each but you may get away with less.I like to take the cost of the sticker (state tax)right off the top on the first collection.here in Illinois its 30$.I wouldnt give more then 50% and u pay the sticker that would be the most for me.

but I remember u said something about a league/tornament?it may be worth giveing a bit more like 55% but not much more,as when the tournement is over it may not do as well.these are all things u need to figure out.ask anyone about the above info and u will se i am right.

I noticed they did have a Valley for sale.  I appreciate all the information you have provided me.  I have never dealt with a dart machine before and any expereince you may have is a great help to me.  Does the Valley dart game use metal or vinyl point darts?  What is the going price of a dart game, .50 or .75?  What will be some of the issues I will need to be aware of such as break downs and repairs for the Valley machine?  Thanks again

Tee

the machine is set for 25 cents on most games but can be easily changed.to be honest i would need to refresh my memory and read the field manual on how but I have done it before.I set most of the games at 50 cents (or more)except 301 is the only one set at a quarter.it takes a good 8 -12 minutes average for a game depending on what you are playing and skill level so 50 cents is fair imo.the games 701 and 901 are 75 and 100 respectivly.if I was you id set 301 and 501 both at 50 cents.thats what i regret not doing with mine and once its on the route I hate to change it up on people.501 may take a little longer then 301 for the same money but when people feel they are getting a good value they will play longer and the dollars add up quicker.also imo when people play , it may make others want to play too. does this last point make sense to you??

the darts are soft tip.dont buy to expensive because people steal them sometimes.

I havent had any issues with my boards(thats why i recomend valley)but as far as I can tell either they work or they dont there is no it may conk out soon.the matrix(the part behind the actual dartboard) is the most sensitive part obviously.

the only way it may partialy work is if some of the dartboards matrix segments dont work.there is one paticular test among other diagnostic tests that will tell you if each segment works.u absolutly should do this test before u buy.the matrix is 550$.u put it in the proper test mode then push with your finger each segment to see if it works/scores.if a segment doesnt score it will need a new matrix.

the bullseye can be set on newer machines to score 25 points on the outer bullseye and 50 on the inner.I like to set both at 50 so the game last that little bit less and they will pump more money into the game

FEEL FREE TO ASK AS MANY QUESTIONS AS U NEED.I OFFER YOU WHAT LITTLE BIT OF KNOWLEDGE I HAVE IN THIS PATICULAR AREA.

• 3 months later...

No, I never did.  Got to wrapped up with the Sheriff campaign.  Kept telling myself we would make time to go to KC and pick one up, but I never got there.  Still wanting to purchase one and now with the price of gas, I think it would be just as wise to pay the $250 shipping fee then driving up there and back.

The location where it will go is still open and wanting one, I really do need to get on the stick.

Tee