cold food

The same as you would at home, if you would not eat it than nobody where the machine will want to either. Frozen food machines seem to work a little better since they can hold things such as hot pockets which will last much longer.

The recommended shelf life of cold food is set by the manufacturer. If you buy fresh food (not frozen), it will have a printed date. If you (like most vendors) buy frozen food then thaw and date, you should read the packaging. Some items like hot pockets will say "do not thaw", others like white castle's will say "7 days if refrigerated". If you buy from Vistar your sales rep can tell you shelf life. In general most items are good for 14 days, but some will be more or less.

JD

I do not think that it is the profit from cold food vending, but the locations you get and the profit from soda and snacks. Some locations only want vendors who provide cold food.

that is how it goes. The vendor does not want to do cold food and the location wants cold food. So do you want the location or not? that is the question.

The best option would be to offer frozen food. You can offer icecream and microwavile items like hot pockets.

I don't make any money on cold food. I have sales, but profit is slim, if at all. Margins are smaller, spoilage is greater. I would suggest getting as big as you can before doing cold food at all. Around here most blue collar manufacturing type location will require cold food.

JD