general liability insurance

if you are eligible for usaa, call them. I don't know if they do it, but they are the best banking option in america, and it is not even close. Except for the bank of lurtsman, which offers unparalleled levels of customer service, though they do have a one time fee of everything you deposited.

• 1 month later...

LOL, actually, I just updated my profile. However, they don't charge me per machine. I have a set $ amount coverage.

That being said, like I replied in another post, insurance varies from state to state, even with the same carrier. So the package and price that is offered by State Farm in one state might be different in another state.

Kevin

Just as a follow up...I'm not sure many things charge per machine. Does anyone with insurance have a package like that?

I also own a tanning salon and we have insurance for the *salon*, nothing based on a per-machine basis.

Kevin

Just as a follow up...I'm not sure many things charge per machine. Does anyone with insurance have a package like that?

I also own a tanning salon and we have insurance for the *salon*, nothing based on a per-machine basis.

Kevin

like if one if your chairs broke and someone got hurt, then your libaility would cover

any damages...since your machine is in the shop, i see no reason why it would not

cover, maybe you need to ask your insurance carrier just to make sure, afterall, it

is in the shop, and the shop is covered...

When I said machine, I meant the tanning beds, not the vending machines :)

Our insurance policy covers us if we have 1 bed or 10.

Kevin

yea, you should check on your insurance on tannings beds,

better safe then sorry...

What do you think I should check on?

you said you have liability on your shop, right? call your carrier

and ask them, they will tell you exactly what you are covered on..

ask them about the tanning beds, if you did not have these beds

when you got your insurance, I would not just assume you are covered.

when you first got your insurance, they would asked you a number

of questions...Do you have this, do you have that...

LOL, yes, the beds are covered. My insurance is specifically for a tanning salon. I did my homework before I purchased it :)

I'm not sure you understood my statement. My tanning salon is 100% independent from my vending business (other than I have one of my machines in there :) ).

I was just making a point about insurance charging rates on a per capita basis. Other than for things like camps, I'm not sure that is a very common occurance. So if you have 10 machines or 100 it shouldn't affect your policy. But maybe there is some upper limit to the # of machines you can cover at a given rate...

Kevin

LOL, yes, the beds are covered. My insurance is specifically for a tanning salon. I did my homework before I purchased it :)

I'm not sure you understood my statement. My tanning salon is 100% independent from my vending business (other than I have one of my machines in there :) ).

I was just making a point about insurance charging rates on a per capita basis. Other than for things like camps, I'm not sure that is a very common occurance. So if you have 10 machines or 100 it shouldn't affect your policy. But maybe there is some upper limit to the # of machines you can cover at a given rate...

Kevin

I see. would it make sense to notify your insurance if you add another machine or bed...

would not make sense. If i had to add another carept cleaning machine, i do not need

to call my insurance as I would be covered no matter which machine i use...

if this was the case, insurance compaines would be called day and night everytime

a machine, bed, tool was added to the business...