single price soda machine

I guess it depends on what kind of machine you have.  I have a soda/water machine with soda at $.75 and water at $1.  If the water is sold out they won't take over $.75.  Try to put that fourth quarter in and it slides through to the coin return.  Then I get a call about the coin mech and I go out and refill the water.

Common? not really but it is possible. The vend relay deactivates the coin mech when the vend price is reached. If it does not unlatch properly or the contacts are bad it may not fully reset your coin mech.

Depending on the symptoms of the machine it could be something else as well. Are any of the sold out lights on even though the column is full? That would indicate a jammed motor or column which would also inhibit your vend circuit.

Does it ever accept coin or is it always rejecting them? I would be negligent if I didn't ask if you have put any product in the machine. If there is no product the machine won't take any money as it it smart enough to know it can't complete a sale.

thanks for the reply but i stripped the machine down this afternoon and took it to the scrap yard. I got my local distributor to just bring me a new machine to the location so I should be good from now on. thanks for the reply.