GOT LOCS? New Client-Finding Service Redefines Locator

caserri

• 4 months later...

I contacted them they said $500 for each placement and minimum of 100 locations. Ill have to pass lol

WOW!! 50K and that's before you get the equipment.

Glad I was sitting down when i saw this - I dont think I will be using them either

Sounds to me like they've strictly become a resource for the SERIOUS full-time venders looking to make the leap from full-time to taking over the world. At least that damn well better be the case for 50 grrrrrrrrrr!

50 grand? forget it. had planned to visit their office while i am out in vegas this august

but that is f******g absurd. you could hire a full time sales guy and do a better return than

that.

We're vendors, we negotiate everything whenever we can, he may just be starting out high to give him room to come off that price. that's my guess anyway.

Hey everyone,

Has anyone else used Got Locs? Considering using them to place some commission racks I want to get placed.

Thanks,

Brian

Just FYI; I purchased my route from a guy who used Got Locs a few years back (We track all locations with what locator was used). I still have most of the locations they placed for the previous owner of the route. All the locations we have from Got Locs do very well. We have a taqueria that is killing it every 2 weeks. (the tray is overflowing with quarters) I have only 1-800 triples. I do not want to post what was paid for these locations because it was so long ago and I am sure his prices have increased. I can tell you that it was no where near $500 per location. I have his information and I will probably call him again based on the number of machines we have remaining after several years and the performance of the machines / return. I hope this helps.

Just a thought, not trying to hijack this thread, what do you guys think is a fair cost per location for an 'In Person Locator' like Got Locs (Given the cost of Airfare / long distance travel, motel, food, over night stay, ex...)

I originally wrote this specifically for Bulk Vending however, I would like all input for your line of vending.

No its not reasonable at all 150-300 is 300 tops I have locations that do 20 a month and others do 250 and there are no guarantees

i dont think "locators" are really any good at full line locations. A full line acct is not one you can

easily slam dunk. If it is odds are the location isnt very good anyway. A $250 a month snack/soda location

sucks. A $250 a month soda-only location is OK but again, you can find these yourself free all day long by dialing thru

the phone book. bev (poplady) had a great post on this i wish i could remember where it was.

Just a thought, not trying to hijack this thread, what do you guys think is a fair cost per location for an 'In Person Locator' like Got Locs (Given the cost of Airfare / long distance travel, motel, food, over night stay, ex...)

I originally wrote this specifically for Bulk Vending however, I would like all input for your line of vending.

depends what they are finding for you. I have a guy working for me that lives locally. I pay him $30 for an

appointment with the DM. I think this is very fair and I have a decent close rate. I told him some people are

just going to say yes right away. If thats the case, i will pay you $100 or 2 months net revenue, it is your choice.

I also feel this is fair. If he is able to close a bowling alley or movie theater acct on his own, this is worth way

more than $100 but a smaller acct he should at least have an incentive to try. By letting him chose it makes

it easy so we dont have to figure out an agreement on which type of accts get which commission structure.

If he thinks the acct will be gangbusters, its up to him.

• 9 months later...

Has anyone heard from Lee Park of 'GOT LOCS?' or used his locating services recently?

talked to him about 2yrs back, nice enough guy but he wanted a LOT of money

and I ended up really hitting my stride a few weeks later so i didnt bother following it 

up further. he claims he can get A+ level locations but the cost is very high and its much

more affordable to hire someone in house for what they are asking. my only point of curiosity

was that they claim to get the comm. percentage down. 

talked to him about 2yrs back, nice enough guy but he wanted a LOT of money

and I ended up really hitting my stride a few weeks later so i didnt bother following it 

up further. he claims he can get A+ level locations but the cost is very high and its much

more affordable to hire someone in house for what they are asking. my only point of curiosity

was that they claim to get the comm. percentage down. 

I know it's not cheap and I think you read my thread on my in house strategy...so I am sure you know that I am all about in house when it comes to locating. BUT, I was reviewing my numbers last night and my locator % figures. Got Locs has gotten me the highest and best performing locations (and longest lasting) out of any of the locators my charity route has ever hired since inception (2008ish) ... (in house or not). I have never personally outsourced it to a locating company but, I have records going way back as to what machines were placed by what locator/company... I was just curious if anyone had gotten locations from them recently.

I know it's not cheap and I think you read my thread on my in house strategy...so I am sure you know that I am all about in house when it comes to locating. BUT, I was reviewing my numbers last night and my locator % figures. Got Locs has gotten me the highest and best performing locations (and longest lasting) out of any of the locators my charity route has ever hired since inception (2008ish) ... (in house or not). I have never personally outsourced it to a locating company but, I have records going way back as to what machines were placed by what locator/company... I was just curious if anyone had gotten locations from them recently.

what kind of locations did they find for you, how much was it? id have to go back through my emails but

the preliminary prices they quoted me were outrageous but that was also for arcade equipment, it would

have taken me years to recoup my money 

Archived