customer service at it's best

Vendingguy

I know this sounds like I'm employed with this company, but I assure you I"m not. Some of you are aware that I purchased some SuperPro machines and Dentyne Ice machines.  Well, I decided to order some more, but what happened was they had a mess up with communications between the main office and the warehouse, and they didn't get shipped out.  This was not seen until I called to get a tracking number......Well, to make a long story short, because this was there mistake, they agreed to locate these machines for me, at no charge.  And the best part is they virtually guaranteed a successful location for me.

I haven't been around this business very long to know how this industry reacts, but I assure you that most places wouldn't offer this much to keep customers happy.  They even pointed out that the reason they are doing this is because they don't want 1 time customers, and would prefer repeat buyers....................Well, the machine is built with quality, and does  cost  alittle more, but their sense of customer service is what will keep me going back to them.  There's alot of machines on the market, but after talking to them and seeing their actions, they try to make people succeed in their business venture, and that is worth quite a bit in my eyes.

Vending Guy............good for you!  I am glad you got that type of service.  I have been talking with Maury and Steve alot lately about my interest in the Dentyne machine.

I am very interested in how the locating goes for you with the Dentyne machines. Steve talks very highly about this locator they use ability and guarantee to find good locations.

Yea, Maurie Highly recommends this locator.........I wouldn't normally use a locator, but It was free, and who knows, this might turn out to be repeat business for the locator if she finds good locations.  It's not that I dislike locating myself, it's just not what got me in the vending business to begin with.

Maurie understood completely, and did everything he could to make things right.  Both kinds of machines are built with quality, but his service to the customer is the icing on the cake.

All I can say is good luck to you on the DICE project.  I have heard from people on other forums that there are issues with the amount of product that the machines vend.  Sometimes it's 3 pieces, but many times it's four.  One guy placed a machine at the place he worked, and has to keep a stash of product in his desk to dole out to people who say they got short-changed.

The problem I see with DICE, is that the product costs way too much to make a profit, unless you vend 1 or 2 at a time.  It doesn't matter whether or not just 2 get vended, the public is conditioned to believe that more is better, so if they can get 10 chicklets out of 1 25c vend, but only 2 out of a DICE machine, they will think they are being cheated.

As usual, your milage may vary.  I look forward to seeing your numbers once they get those machines placed for you.

While I do not have any numbers to substantiate any claims on the Dentyne Ice machine, there are quite a few others on this site that do, and for the most part, from what I have read, the Dentyne Ice machines are at or above average.  Cost per vend is anywhere from .06-.09 cents, so it is about averge with many forms of candy anyway.  Now, you are correct, you only get two or three pieces per vend, but they are larger than regular chiclets ( about  twice the size), and when combined, are actually more gum than you get on a regular serving from a package of dentyne.

If you know someone who is having issues with the candy wheel on the machine, they should really be contacting SuperPro on the issue.  When I first got the machine, as I do with all of my new machines, I put a half roll of quarters through it just to see if there are any problems whatsoever with the coin mech, or if adjustments need to be made to the candy wheel.  In all cases, I dispensed either 2 or 3 pieces of gum per vend and that was it.....Exactly what I was told it would do.  I can handle 3 pieces at .09 cents, but any more than that would drastically cut into profits.....Making the product costs about 50% of revenue.

Dentyne is a niche within the market.  Chiclets and gumballs supply to the sweet tooth, but we all know the flavor is gone after a minute or two.  Dentyne ice is marketed to freshen breath, as well as being sugar free.  It's appeal to the customer translates into long lasting gum.

But again, don't use these words as gospel, as I don't know for myself just yet,  All I know is after sampling the gum myself, 2-3 pieces of gum is more than what is just the right amount to be a pleasant mouthfull.  If it was actual chiclet size gum,  I would have to agree with you, but it's not. A bag costs about $27 bucks and is expensive, but is supposed to generate at or around $100 a bag in sales.  In any case, I will give the details as to the success of the machine in a later post.