Locating 100-200 locations

schmedspub

If I wanted to hire a locator to find us up to 200 locations for machines we have in storage who would everyone suggest.

I am getting quotes thaat are normally as high at $60 per location but would like to find a service that can do a package deal.

Any thoughts.

Let me know if you have had good or bad service from a specific company as well. You can email me at nowik68@gmail.com. All emails are confidental so please give as many pro's and Con's as possible.

Thanks

Dave

Uptheodds Vending, LLC

Uptheodds.com

Be very careful with those package deals!  I would never commit to an order of 100 in one shot.  Rather, do just 5 at a time until you get to 100.  Tell the locator that you will commit to 100 as long as each 5 are acceptable.  You are setting yourself up to get taken big time if you prepay for more than 10 locations.

Jax

• 3 weeks later...

Dave

I totally agree with Jax.  Learn from my horrible mistake and some others.  Give a locator test tries.  Don't give them the whole deal.  This business isn't like most where buying in bulk will save you.  Or at least locating wise.  Candy purchases yes but you will get burned giving that all to one locator from the start.  Have them prove and earn you business.  Tell them you have that many and work out a deal that later placements will be cheaper if you continue with them.  Also, as noted on other threads, be cautious of giving money up front.  No incentive if you do.  Vendors continueally get burned when they do.  See if you can work out a pay as you go deal again knowing you have such a large quantity.

If I had it to do over again, I would have only given 5-10 to somebody and had them earn the business.  Not get paid and leave me hanging with no locations, no cash, then stale product when they did not show.  Plus all the headaches the followed.

Best of luck to you!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Be very careful with those package deals!  I would never commit to an order of 100 in one shot.  Rather, do just 5 at a time until you get to 100.  Tell the locator that you will commit to 100 as long as each 5 are acceptable.  You are setting yourself up to get taken big time if you prepay for more than 10 locations.

Jax

Great advice!!

Mr. Vend

If I wanted to hire a locator to find us up to 200 locations for machines we have in storage who would everyone suggest.

I am getting quotes thaat are normally as high at $60 per location but would like to find a service that can do a package deal.

Any thoughts.

Let me know if you have had good or bad service from a specific company as well. You can email me at nowik68@gmail.com. All emails are confidental so please give as many pro's and Con's as possible.

Thanks

Dave

Uptheodds Vending, LLC

Uptheodds.com

Dave, how've you been!  While you are locating the 100-200 locations stay out of the "North" ;D  You need to go south and west.  When your done and you want to sell a route, keep me in mind.......

Dave, how've you been!  While you are locating the 100-200 locations stay out of the "North" ;D  You need to go south and west.  When your done and you want to sell a route, keep me in mind.......

only when he pays to get them placed, you want him to keep you in mind...

thats funny...

I heavily favor splitting up, but in that position I think you should give Rob (kickstart) a try. I'd split it up into a few smaller orders and give a section to each of the favorably reviewed locators here. Decide which one you liked dealing with best.

hy

save your money,you and your team go out for a day or two and find good locations,tell

them if they try your service for 60-90 days you will give them a $20 wal mart gift card.

you will save money and know you got good places,also try making a flyer it

helps a lot when you are out there talking to people.

hy

save your money,you and your team go out for a day or two and find good locations,tell

them if they try your service for 60-90 days you will give them a $20 wal mart gift card.

you will save money and know you got good places,also try making a flyer it

helps a lot when you are out there talking to people.

I do not know about the gift card, that sounds like a bribe to

let you in the door, then the DM finds out, and you get booted...

I am actually working on business cards...simple...if it works, then

I may go to flyers also...maybe even locate a few businesses, and

send a flyer to the manger each month, see what happens...

if you get a location as a result of a .42 cent stamp, then worth it..

Playtown,

I've used the gift card method before.  The issue you run into is that most employees will jump at the $20 gift card, however, the manager may still kick you out that first month and you're out $20.  It definitely increases your chances though.

Regards,

Rob

Playtown,

I've used the gift card method before.  The issue you run into is that most employees will jump at the $20 gift card, however, the manager may still kick you out that first month and you're out $20.  It definitely increases your chances though.

Regards,

Rob

Employees are powerless as much as they are clueless..I placed one through eddie yesterday, the manager

had already left for the day, and did not even inform the employees that a machine was coming. I would

never approach an employee with a gift card, better yet, the manager can give the gift card to one of

his employees if he wishes too...

Dave...The idea of 5 at a time sounds fine if you want to take the next year or two to get the machines located and services evaluated.  That's usually how most vending operators end up with all kinds of equipment in storage in the first place...locating and/or relocating too slow.  A job involving the acquisition of 200 locs in any reasonable period of time is well beyond the scope of most locating service companies not to mention the acquisition of quality accounts.  However, most vending operators would not be prepared to absorb the immediate workload associated with properly servicing 200 brand new accounts.  Most would prefer going 5 at a time.  I would contend though, if you have made a previous investment into 200 or more machines that now sit in storage, you should place them as quick as possible and start making money...IMHO

Dave...The idea of 5 at a time sounds fine if you want to take the next year or two to get the machines located and services evaluated.  That's usually how most vending operators end up with all kinds of equipment in storage in the first place...locating and/or relocating too slow.  A job involving the acquisition of 200 locs in any reasonable period of time is well beyond the scope of most locating service companies not to mention the acquisition of quality accounts.  However, most vending operators would not be prepared to absorb the immediate workload associated with properly servicing 200 brand new accounts.  Most would prefer going 5 at a time.  I would contend though, if you have made a previous investment into 200 or more machines that now sit in storage, you should place them as quick as possible and start making money...IMHO

I think 5 is more then reasonable for me..I do not know what I would do with 200 machines...

I did find a decent deal on VS for $2,200 would come out to about $55/unit ... even if i would

get those 40, they would be sitting around for awhile...machines, candy, gas, locators cost

an absurd amount of money upfront, you may see a payoff in the long run if you keep placing.

I have already spent x amount of dollars on the few machines that I have, and so far i have seen $2.50

and that did not cover gas going up there and coming back...

• 2 weeks later...

Your gas should be entirely covered by the milage deduction claimed on your business form for taxes. As pass through entities the offset reducing your listed profits (or creating a loss) will cover your gas unless you get terrible milage, or have virtually no income to have taxed. I'm not good at business taxes, but I read Kevin's posts.

i allways deal with the mang. or super(owner) this way you get your story stright and don't run into miss-info. the gift card is sort of a bribe but averyone loves something for free.

also if your accounts are doing well every once in a while,we will give some stuff away.

examples: a few stuff animals,a $5 gift card,some candy and around the holidays

we give a nice bottle of wine and some x-mas type goodies.