First snack location and need to adjust prices on an AP 6600

I bought a used AP 6600 machine for only $400.  However the vendor I bought it from was as new as I am and did not know how to change the prices in the machine. 

He tried to show me how he 'thought' he could change the prices and it did not work.  Considering the price, I bought it anyway.  I am hoping that someone here knows an easy way to change the prices so that I can place this machine.  I looked in the manuals section and the link to the AP 6600 seems broken.  Anyone got an answer to my question about how to change prices?

I'm not very good at remembering models of snack machines, but if this has the little yellow/almond colored box inside with six or so buttons (one that says "set price",) just press that button then use the 11 and/or 12 on the keypad to get to the price you want, then press each selection you want set to that price. Example, press 11 or 12 until the display reads .60, then press A1 A2 A3 A4 A5, then use 11 or 12 until the display reads .95, then press D1 D2 D3, etc.

Hope that helps,

Scott

P.S. I'm getting old, so it could be # and * instead of 11 and 12 for adjusting the price. If you give me an idea what the seller thought would work, I may be able to give better help, but I may have already given you the answer. :)

• 5 years later...

If the Change Price light comes on on the logic board then you should use buttons 11 and 12 to raise and lower your display price.  When you see the price you want then enter the selection numbers you want at that price.  You can then use 11 and 12 again to change the display and repeat your price setting.  If all you get is dashes no matter what you do then you probably have a bad logic board or possibly a bad display board.  PM me if you need a part for this.

In stand-by mode, only the "on" light is lighted. Pressing any of the buttons should make the light above it come on. Pressing the "check price" will allow you to get the non-rest table meter by pressing the 14 button on the front keypad. You can also check pricing by making a selection and display will show what the current price is for that selection. Pressing the "set price" button will put you into pricing mode. Use button 11 to increase price and button 12 to decrease price. When you get to your desired price, you then select all selections you want at that price. Then change price to your next price and set all selections at that price, etc.

Jordan, it may be that your door switch (at the top of your sliding panel) is not present or not functioning properly.  I see the door switch wires are plugged in to your board but you need to see if the switch is working properly.  It is a spring loaded switch so that when the door is opened the switch pops out into the service mode.  If you press the switch manually or close the door then the switch is pressed back in and the machine goes into the vend mode.   At the time the switch is pressed in, anything on the display will disappear and the machine should go into a self-check mode where it will scan all of the motors.  If you hear a beep within a few seconds of closing the door (or pressing and holding the switch in) then that means that there is a problem in the machine.  If you have an ohmmeter you can ohm out the switch to see if it functions correctly.

If the switch is good then your logic board is probably bad as you have the vertical dashes (I haven't seen that before) and your board won't respond to the service mode, but this is predicated on you knowing that the switch is good.  If the switch is bad then the machine can't enter the service mode and the service switches won't work.  In that case your display board is bad or the harness from the board to the display is damaged - but it's more likely that the display itself would be bad.

PM me if you need any parts to fix this.

I also forgot to mention that if the coin mech has a metal back on it, which a Mars mech might have, that there can be a grounding issue between those mechs and the AP6/7000 machines.  This is a known issue that AP was aware of back in the day.

Edited by AZVendor