Keys?

tooldini

tooldini,

Vendstar doesn't have all that many different keys to begin with.  You will often see them advertised on ebay.  Not sure how many total there are but don't think it could be many.

nam

the biggest problem are the locks from vendstar do not have a key number stamped on them, so it will most likely save you a bunch of time and money to just replace the lock by drilling it out. the top locks are all the same and can be picked up on eBay for a dollar or two.

A locale locksmith can key the machines for you fair price.

in my experience a locksmith will get about 50% more than I have been paying at wiczer industries, these people are great and know everything about anything especially with vending.

If you opt to just replace the locks with ones off ebay and drill out yourself (imo this will probably be the cheapest option), wait until the locks and keys have arrived. Test the key on the machine, just incase. There is a small but worthwhile chance that you may have received the same lock and key that were previously used on the machine, if not, then start drilling.

I kinda put a hold on those machines for now. I just bought 2 1800 machines and the guy has 8 more on location he is thinking of selling but I have no more money. He says he will call me first when he decides, cause he needs money and a job SOON. I think he bought into the whole your gonna get rich sales spew they give you. I got two of them in GREAT condition for 140.00 Thanks for the help and I will remember this cause the vendstar guy has around 100 to get rid of.