Quill

MountainMan

Hey all,

I have been mostly non present for a time and thought I should check in. Things are still going steady for me. I wanted to mention Quill today. I heard about them from this group (of course) and wanted to relay my trials.

I made an order. The order came quickly. the packaging was absolutely horrible! The boxes were not made to hold the amount of weight they put in it. I complained and they said they would dend my complaint the the people responsible. Not a word since. However, more recent orders have been, for the most part, packaged better. Partly because I am ordering carefully so that, for instance, they don't throw a box of bubble gum in with say 2 bags of hot tamales in a larger box, causing it to be heavy on one side and etc.

Second. They said all I had to do is send my tax exempt id to them and in 2 days, wala I would not be charged tax. ok, I did that, then a week later I get a letter telling me they need more information, then I did that, then a week later I placed an order. No tax showed up, until they billed the credit card. So, once again, I complained blah blah blah. No real apology, but they did credit me back the tax.

Third order. ZERO problems. Guess my account kinks are finally worked out now and they are filling them quickly.

I always order at least 50 bucks worth for free shipping and the shipping seems to take 3 days. Not bad at all. SAves me a trip at times to Lewiston for candy. I still have to go once in awhile for candy Quill does not have, but my wife has a food booth and has to go there anyway.

Hey all,

I have been mostly non present for a time and thought I should check in. Things are still going steady for me. I wanted to mention Quill today. I heard about them from this group (of course) and wanted to relay my trials.

I made an order. The order came quickly. the packaging was absolutely horrible! The boxes were not made to hold the amount of weight they put in it. I complained and they said they would dend my complaint the the people responsible. Not a word since. However, more recent orders have been, for the most part, packaged better. Partly because I am ordering carefully so that, for instance, they don't throw a box of bubble gum in with say 2 bags of hot tamales in a larger box, causing it to be heavy on one side and etc.

Second. They said all I had to do is send my tax exempt id to them and in 2 days, wala I would not be charged tax. ok, I did that, then a week later I get a letter telling me they need more information, then I did that, then a week later I placed an order. No tax showed up, until they billed the credit card. So, once again, I complained blah blah blah. No real apology, but they did credit me back the tax.

Third order. ZERO problems. Guess my account kinks are finally worked out now and they are filling them quickly.

I always order at least 50 bucks worth for free shipping and the shipping seems to take 3 days. Not bad at all. SAves me a trip at times to Lewiston for candy. I still have to go once in awhile for candy Quill does not have, but my wife has a food booth and has to go there anyway.

Thanks for the heads up MountainMan

here is the direct link for anyone that wants it:

http://www.quill.com/vending-supplies-vending-food-snacks-beverages/cbc/680.html

M&M's® Candy; Peanut, 42-oz. Zipper Bag M&M902 - 22888 $10.99

Wonka® Runts® Fruit Candy; 30 Lb Bulk Low As $44.99 per Case

Mike and Ike® Original Fruit Candy; 4.5lbs. Low As $8.99 Each

Carousel® Big Bubble Assorted Gumballs; 850 Count Low As $24.99 per Case

Northwestern® Candy Machine; Super 60 $74.99

:/ At these prices and selection I will stick with AA and Sams Club, even if I have to pay my own shipping.

Carousel® Big Bubble Assorted Gumballs; 850 Count Low As $24.99 per Case

They do have ridiculous prices on everything else but Quill is the only place I will buy GB anymore. The price above represents only 7/10ths of a cent increase in cost per GB over my local wholesale club. The quality of the gumball plus not having to drive to get them is worth it for me.

I also get an additional dollar off on things like M&M and such by buying 3 or more. Our nearest Sams is 250 miles, one way. :) We were using the double bubble, but we did a taste test and the carnival is better. Kids seemed to like it more. I sell tons of them.

Moutain Man,

Do you have BJ's or Costco?

Even if they take a dollar off for 3 or more, the prices are still signifigantly higher

at Quill.

I am in the NorthEast.  I go to BJ's and get MM's for around $8, Mike and Ikes for around $7 and skittles for around $6. 

If I were doing only gumballs like I used to do, then I would still be buying from quill.  But now that I am spreading out to toys, I find I don't sell as much gum and I don't need to buy 3 cases at a time anymore.  So now I find I am going to one-stop-shopping sites like A&A.  I can get machines, toys, and gum and that way I can combine shipping costs.  Their gum price is about the same price per case as it is at Quill.

• 3 weeks later...

I used Quill for the first time. I ordered yesterday, early afternoon. I used regular free shipping and my package arrived within 24 hours. I am impressed with Quill so far. The Carousel (Ford) gum is superior to the Double Bubble (Concord). It is much softer and doesn't start to taste nasty as soon as the flavored shell is gone. Hopefully it will hep boost my GB sales.

I have extensive experience with Quill going back to 2003.  I have found that they deal well with office settings with a couple employees that give steady business.  They tend to give worse service when ordering as an individual.

The gumball prices are higher than other avenues, but if your situation warrants it, I strongly suggest buying through them since the gum itself will increase your sales by at least 20% in some locations or more!  Ford is the best gum I have had since I can remember and their special flavors (Peach and Watermelon, and Green Apple) are also excellent quality.

If it is at all feasible for you depending on the size of your business, order through Ford direct for gum and get a pallet, shipped to a trucking terminal near you and go and pick it up yourself, saving a ton of money. 

try tj king in chicago

he has 850ct gum $14.50 and chicklets $25.25 concord.they have a new sale every month

he sells items from all the big companys. call 1-800-527-6482 ex 11 carlos

tell him bob sent you,and ask for free catolog or go online at

www.tjking.com

he sells items from all the big companys.

Which means to me that they are only reselling items and adding their own mark up.  If they are selling A&A products, then maybe going to A&A will get you the best prices.  I've seen several 'resellers' on the web and was agast to find that some of them are marking up 110% from the A&A stuff that they are selling.  Want 1" sticky mix?  Get the original mix from A&A for $12.95.  Get it from tjking for $15.35.  Get it from gumballs.com for $29.95.

Nam, that is a good price on the gum, picking it up is always a big difference and savings.  Stick with that if you can.  You can work directly with them to just have a pallet available when that time comes.