New Guy Has a question

Don3rd

My name Don and I live just south of Philly. I just purchased 5 1-800Vending Machines and have hired a locating company to place them. I am trying to put together a business plan and having a tough time getting the fact I need. My question is, if I have a good location what is reasonable for me to expect for average number and average amount of vend per day? The machines are combo machines that vend both snacks and sodas. I am new to this so any help I can get I would really appreciate it .

Greetings Don,

Business plans are ever changing, ever evolving.  You start with a rough draft, and end with a more final draft as you go.  Average vends per day are dependent on so many variables it would be impossible to predict.  Figures could be anywhere from abysmal to incredible.  What you should do in this circumstance is probably leave it blank until you can determine an average for your current locations.  This will give you the benchmark you need to predict what your locations are realistically capable of in the future.

Best of luck!

Hi and thanks for the information. I plan on adjusting the plan as I go. This is my first venture into the vending business. I have two other business and with both I put together a preliminary business plan. My business plans are always changing but the first one is based on market research. Every industry has ( especially one that has a long track record like vending) has enough data or people that have the experience to provide preliminary information. That is the information I really need help with. I know that there are many factors, my scenario is that I have a combo machine and it is in a good location...if that is the case what is reasonable to expect? If I could be directed to where I could get that information, I would be more than happy to do all the research and then provide my findings to the forum. Again thanks for all your help.

Don

After 27 years in the business I can tell you that combos are made for smaller locations.  So your income will probably be based on that size of acccount.  Anywere from $50 to $75 a week is standard.  Anything more than that will put you at the account twice a week.  Combo machines just don't hold up when you have a heavy usage account.  If you should land one of those just upgrade your equipment to the larger professional type, move that combo to another spot.

Try to always buy your combo machines from the used market place such as Craigs List in your area or Ebay.  Good Luck.

Don (member 1,500  ;D)

Welcome to the forum. It's a pleasure to have you here. We have a rather extensive "revenue reporting" section in member PLUS. It is a section where our members report actual revenue numbers for their machines. Once you achieve PLUS status, (make 20 quality posts) you will have access to that information, plus other great tools to help you build your business.

I read that you can figure 1.25 to 1.75 per week for snack and 1.50 to 2.00  week for soda per employee blue collar,but it all depends on the people.I have accounts I wouldn't think would be that good that turned out pretty good.Hopes this gives you a starting point.

John

What I would like to know is who did you use to locate these machines for you?:huh:

Do you live in an area with a lot of industry? Full line locating really is super easy, I used a locator for the my first 3 or 4 but then i just started talking to everybody I knew and asked them who they knew that owned a business, that got me at least another 10. I only work referred leads, no going around begging for locations for me.  Give this a try I bet you will get some locations that way, also call every big vending outfit in your area and ask them to throw you locations that are "to small" for them, I have got a few this way as well.