First Time Servicing My Two New Routes Alone

T BIRD

Today is a very big day for me.  I start servicing the two new routes I bought recently.  They are all racks with basically toys and very little candy. Everything is commission.  There is some gum though.

I have never serviced commission locations.  Or toys for that matter really.  So between weighing the money, writing receipts, changing out some product in every location, changing all of the locks as I go from location to location etc., well you get the picture.  I am both excited and abit anxious as I get ready here.  This route today is about an hour away from me.

Packing the van the right way for me so that I can get to everything easily took some time but its done.  This way I have the van set up now so that I can do both commission locales and also the charity candy routes.  And I saved enough room to bring a machine or two to locate if needed or pull from a location if necessary.

Whoever said bulk vending was simply collecting quarters and making money should have their head examined.....lol.

OK T-Bird, we are all sitting on the edges of our seats, how did it go?

Fred

Not so great Fred.  I have not been feeling myself the past couple of days.  I went thru part of a new route and made a few collections.  That went ok.  Its alot for me with the lock thing and changing them on the Big Oak and NW 80s at the change compartment, and getting the hang of lifting a panel up and having a box at the ready to have the big caps dump into........etc etc etc.

Monday I plan to attack with a vengence.  Friday, Saturday, and Sunday I am spending with my T Bird friends and their cars.  We are headed for the Hamptons and Montauk and we are all enrolled in a all T Bird show on Sunday.

Servicing going well so far.  Its weird just throwing money into one bag instead of having separate bags for each stop.  I had a store owner come to me to ask me to place a sticker machine and rack today........I told him at the end of the week I will.

T-Bird; this is what it's all about dude....keep your head down and enjoy counting quarters!!

I hear ya Jim.  Thanks brotha and fellow Gravy Lounge person.......lol.  I had my longest day as a vendor yet today.  I must have put in 12 hours.  The last stop ( which did $191.00 for 3 heads ) took me forever to service because two of the locks would not come off.  But where there is a will there was a way gang............ ;)

What was so great about the last location was its a 3 head rack that is outsdie on the sidewalk of a chinese joint in Queens.  I mean the foot traffic is insane!  I could sell smelly socks there if I wanted and they would sell fast.

When you need to empty (change product) on a 2" NW machine, it's much easier to use a bag instead of a box. With a bag, you can tilt open the front panel (with the coin mech) and just fold over about an inch of one side of the bag top over the edge of the open panel and then when you put the panel back the machine will hold the bag in place and you will have both hands free to empty the machine.

Jerry

When you need to empty (change product) on a 2" NW machine, it's much easier to use a bag instead of a box. With a bag, you can tilt open the front panel (with the coin mech) and just fold over about an inch of one side of the bag top over the edge of the open panel and then when you put the panel back the machine will hold the bag in place and you will have both hands free to empty the machine.

Jerry

Yes........emptying and filling 2 inch machines is still very challenging for me.  I watched while a veteran vendor used a box the size of what 2 inch product comes in with A&A Global.  He would ' lift ' the front panel and the caps came out and into the box.  And then somehow, he was able to use that same size box and pour new capsules in from the top.  I did not do too well with that yesterday.  Caps spilled out while I was pouring them into the machine.  I would think a large bag with caps would be easier to pour into an empty 2 inch machine though no? And I do not know what you mean when you said ' tilt ' the panel.

jonny I do it that same way as you say the vet vendor do it.I will try the other method sugested by border jerry to see if it is easier for me.the way to pour the caps into the machine from the box is to leave one flap open so it leaves a small opening on the widest side of the box.

Just the same move as opening a 2" northwestern machine to access the money. The front panel (with coin mech) is attached by two hinges on the bottom...so the panel top tilts out toward you...

Simple to demonstrate, hard to describe... 

Hang in there Johnny, hopefully I won't hear you complaining or not sounding excited about getting another sticker machine and rack in a location...  :)  just busting you!  lol

Hang in there Johnny, hopefully I won't hear you complaining or not sounding excited about getting another sticker machine and rack in a location...  :)  just busting you!  lol

lol.......no complaints here brotha.  I just placed a 5 machine rack into a grocery store with lots of traffic and kids.  I am on my way to my other new route which gotta have lots of money in them there machines.  The route has not been serviced in 6-7 weeks.  I just hope my back holds up carting off all of those quarters nepa!

I am still having issues with racks that have 25" machines on top.  I am not tall enough to look down into the machine when servicing.  I bought a little step stool to help me when putting in product.  This first go round has gone slowly but I expected that.  I wanted time to meet all the shop owners after finding the locations.....lol, etc.  I am changing all of the locks on everything as I go along.  That takes time especially the 1/4 turn locks on the big toy machines.  I hurt my back a little hauling in all the quarters into my house and then to the bank this week. ( I will deal with the pain though......  ;) )