My meeting with Coke

sbishop

Ok I have been looking forward to this meeting. I have heard the good, bad, and ugly of 3rd party vending. Until now I have only been able to go by what others have said.

So, here is what I found out.

Price- I am paying $.28 per can from sam's. My starting price with coke is $.33 per can. Based on my purchases and can get more discounts up to a price as low as $.30 per can. If I lost all discounts the max cost would be $.37 per can. These prices are for core products: coke, dt. coke, Sprite, dt. sprite, dr. pepper, dt. dr. pepper, and all of the previous zero versions. The flavors(fantas, limonade, rootbeer) cost $.31 per can.

So for $.05 per can, I get free machines and inside deliverly to what ever location I want(bus, home, min storage) as long as someone is there to recieve the delivery.

I can have as many machines as I want, as long as I buy 10 cases per machine per month. Machine delivery takes about a week, they will preprogram the machine with the selections and prices I tell them. They will delivery, repair and remove at no cost.

The only dralwback is that I can not go after one of their accounts, if someone wants me to take their place I have to let them know so they have a chance to keep it. Oh and I can only put their products in their machines. Milk is an exception.

It will take 10 days for thm to get me in their system, them I can start odrering machines. by the way. they did not ask for anything from me but a resale tax id number. they said that I did not need it if I wanted them to charge me sales tax. This was alot easier then a thought it would be and the prices are not that bad.

to be honest a nickle per can is worth it to not have to load a cart and them load the van. The time savings alone will help, I still need to go to sams, but the sodas were the time consuming part of the trip.

hey sbishop, it seems like the 5 cents is worth it.  But I am a little confused about your comment "I can have as many machines as I want, as long as I buy 10 cases per machine per month."

10 cases per month is all you need to order for as many machines as you want?  So they are willing to give you 10 vending machines and you put one one case in each machine per month?

10 cases per machine per month means 10 machines times 10 cases = 100 cases per month. 20 machines would require 200 cases per month.

I am curious sbishop , do you have a bottle deposit where you are? Could that be the difference?

Technivend your are correct

I need to buy 10 cases per month for each machines I get from them. The great thing is that right now I am buying over 50 cases per month for my own machines. That means that I already meet the quota for 5 michines without them selling a can.

and No we do not have bottle deposits. I am not sure what difference you are talking about.

Sams will always be cheaper than direct from coke, unless you are buying the same volume that sam's buys. Coke does not want every mom and pop guy out there buying from them. They prefer that the small guys all buy from their big customers

sbishop,

Great info here even though I'm not doing any full line that is worth thinking about.  I never wanted to handle those big heavy machines and try to service them either.  If I could just locate the machines and let Coke to the delivery and repair that  sounds very interesting.  Do they offer a bottled water product or will they allow you to sell bottled water in their machine?

nam

sounds like you are in a god area for that, Where I am located they will not offer can machines anymore only 20oz bottle machines. As well as only delivering to a commercial address with a loading dock, and 20 cases per month minimum order. I would be taking advantage of this as quickly and fully as possible because I know the can machines are not even prodiuced anymore so they probably will not offer them for much longer.

the deposits really hurt the vendor, But a trick I got from another vendor is to ask them if they would like you to place a can for the bottles and you will pickup the cans every time you service the locations. I make around 50.00 a week doing this, if you have a nice cargo van or box van the room isn't a issue for the most part.

I would be taking advantage of this as quickly and fully as possible because I know the can machines are not even prodiuced anymore so they probably will not offer them for much longer.

In the Mid-Atlantic region, most Coke machines are Royals that are very easy to convert from bottles to cans. You just pull out a rod and reinsert it a little differently and make one programming change. The company I work for has many Coke third party machines where we've set them up to vend both bottles and cans.

Scott

I'm still trying to get in touch with Coke down here in Texas no luck so far :(

my advice would be, when you get in contact with them establish a good relationship with one or two people. The people I work with now give me their cell numbers so I wont have to go through all the steps every time i just need a machine.

I have an idea why not call Pepsi also see what kind of deal they offer.

Pepsi might make you a better offer. Just something to think about.

Then you can play both of them and see if you can get some free drinks to start with.

Mr. Coke, Pepsi offer me _____ can you do better? Mr. Coke might give you 25 case of drinks to go with them.

Mr. Pepsi might do better.

Then you can play both of them and see if you can get some free drinks to start with.

Mr. Coke, Pepsi offer me _____ can you do better? Mr. Coke might give you 25 case of drinks to go with them.

try it but it wont work.today I refused an order from pepsi becasue it was 9 cents short of the minimum order and so they were going to charge me $15.00 extra because of that.even after I called them and told them I was out of mountain dew they still didn`t care.if you aren`t big enough to place decent sized orders pepsi wont care about you.coke is just as bad.

Been down that road, they are big enough where they don't care a bit if you decide to take 100% of your business with Pepsi or Coke.

my biggest issue with full line vending is moving the machines. I learn quick and I am able to handle most of the repair issues, unless it involves refridgeration.

For me to move a machine I  have to rent a trailer and find someone to help me move it. Last fall I was removing 4 mochines from a location that was doing $50 per month. I was moving them alone. one of the machines fell off the handtruck. I had to call my brother-in-law to help me get it off the ground.

I have been talking with a friend of my who want to start vending on the side. I told him go bulk because you have 30 -60 day service cycles and easy to move equipment. I called him back yesterday and told him to look into 3rd party vending. Anyone who is doing bulk vending can add a 3rd party soda machines to their routes with ease.

I have spoken with Pepsi and I will be meeting with them. I want to have the option of either or both for the locations.

Once I get the details of their program I will post them

If you are ever in need of any refrigeration for a soda machines, do the simple and cheapest thing, and order a referb deck from vending advantage, I have learned the hard way this is the only way to do it, the best part is a 5 year old kid could figure out how to swap out the deck. 

I had a meeting with coke to get them to loan me some machines they said they were not doing much of that anymore and would evaluate what I buy from them over the next 6 months to determine if they would loan 1. They were not clear on how much they wanted to see per month.

it seems like its different in every city.

That's what I've been saying. The bottlers are not operated by Coke. They are independent companies that are given the authority to bottle the Coke products. They purchase the syrup from Coke then produce, bottle and distribute the final product.

Because of this, the terms and conditions will differ from bottler to bottler. The bottlers are bound by very few distribution regulations from Coke. Each one has the ability to make their own rules.

That's what I've been saying. The bottlers are not operated by Coke. They are independent companies that are given the authority to bottle the Coke products. They purchase the syrup from Coke then produce, bottle and distribute the final product.

Because of this, the terms and conditions will differ from bottler to bottler. The bottlers are bound by very few distribution regulations from Coke. Each one has the ability to make their own rules.

I got lucky Coke is the bottler here. I did not have to deal with one of the independent guys.